Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Transitional DD helmet for sale in dealers corner.

Article about: This is a double decal transitional helmet for discussion. I believe that the liner is late war. Why? The chinstrap bails have rounded corners. Early helmet chinstrap bails are square. The l

Default Re: Transitional DD helmet for sale in dealers corner.

I must disagree. It is quite possible that a late war liner found its way into a transitional during the war. I would have purchased this helmet Saturday; however, I ended up with several caps instead.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Transitional DD helmet for sale in dealers corner.
    P
    Many

?

I do not pretend for an instance to know anything about helmets I am just repeating one of many things I was told to be very carefull of when purchasing a helmet . If I am wrong I stand corrected .

Regards Mark K

Those are good "textbook" rules to live by...they will keep you out of obvious trouble.

However, the initial post is not correct...just because this helmet has a liner band with rounded bales doesn't mean the liner is not a war-time addition.

Well, LaDoraSurf-the helmet is still very much for sale. If you pm satirev, I'm sure he would be happy to work with you on it. William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

How much was the helmet again?

?

LaDoraSurf as far as I can see the square bales as well as the liner were not the onley two things that were put to the question by SteveR. The rivets were the only thing I was questioning at this point.

Regards Mark K
    Last edited by Mark K; 08-17-2011 at 06:38 AM. Reason: add to thread

The rounded bales, the pigskin liner, the different colored pins...all are not an issue for me alone. From the photos, I don't believe you can say with confidence the helmet has been "messed with". Just because it doesn't have early components, doesn't mean it has been messed with.

this Austrian type shows the typical features an original reissued at this depot/factory should have , one being the later dark green rivets on an early green shell .

And, there you have it folks...case closed. Thanks Francis for putting a technical twist to my posts.

?

I am sorry this I can not agree with you on I would not be willng to spend that kind of money on a helmet that as a new collector I even had my own doubts on never mind a collector that has a lot more experiance than I

Regards Mark K

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast