Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Transitional German Austrian Helmet DD Heer

Article about: Hello, I have got this helmet recently and would appreciate if anyone could help me evaluate it. Is it real and how much it is worth? Any info would be appreciated. It has two little dents o

Leo
    ?

Default Transitional German Austrian Helmet DD Heer

Hello,
    I have got this helmet recently and would appreciate if anyone could help me evaluate it. Is it real and how much it is worth? Any info would be appreciated. It has two little dents on top. I can't find any markings on it! Thank You Very Much!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Transitional German Austrian Helmet DD Heer   Transitional German Austrian Helmet DD Heer  

Transitional German Austrian Helmet DD Heer   Transitional German Austrian Helmet DD Heer  

Transitional German Austrian Helmet DD Heer   Transitional German Austrian Helmet DD Heer  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Transitional German Austrian Helmet DD Heer
    P
    Many

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    You should be able to find some stamps on the inside of the rim. Possibly middle of the back and near the right ear.
    I am sure that some our helmet enthusiasts will be able to help you.
    So far, I like it, other than the convenient scratching of the eagle in places that might give us clues as to it's authenticity.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I thought transitional lids had the M1931 liner system!...

I think its all original IMO it must be a very early transitional!

I like it...
    cheers, Glenn

I've never seen a black heer transitional before and along with the old style liner and not the m1931 liner before.

I bet if this were in the main helmet forum it might get some more scrutiny. I thought it was odd to be black too, but thought it may have just been very age darkened. I think I was wrong though. It also looks brush painted. All in all a neat and interesting helmet!

It looks like theres marks from being sanded under the black paint.

Quote by Nathan362 View Post
    I bet if this were in the main helmet forum it might get some more scrutiny.
    Good Point!
    Moved.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Leo
    ?

Thank you very much all for your reply. I just double checked if there is any stamps but could not find any just someones name on the bottom of the helmet, written with ink or some kind of marker. And yes helmet is black brush painted and it does look like it have been sanded. Also inside it looks like more dark green than black. I just really hope its not a fake.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast