Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Transitional helmet opinions

Article about: Have here two SD heer transitional helmets…the first has a rough texture and maybe 75% of the decal. I know that the liner looks red, but it has correct german studs, not the rounded tiny no

?

Default Transitional helmet opinions

Have here two SD heer transitional helmets…the first has a rough texture and maybe 75% of the decal. I know that the liner looks red, but it has correct german studs, not the rounded tiny norwegian ones, so I'm assuming its good? the holes are more oval, but I've seen this type of liner on several austrian transitional 18's. Shell 66 with sizing info paint in white.

The second is a shell size 64 with a smooth finish and maybe 60% of the decal remaining. Liner isn't particularly supple (by that I mean bone dry) but its there. I think someone retied the drawstring, but I'm not positive. Chin strap has some maker markings *visible*, but they are totally illegible and smeared out to the point that I didn't post an up close.

Just curious as to what these are going for these days (and thoughts on the helmets themselves). Thanks for the help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Transitional helmet opinions   Transitional helmet opinions  

Transitional helmet opinions   Transitional helmet opinions  

Transitional helmet opinions  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Transitional helmet opinions
    P
    Many

Hi, welcome to the forum, they both look like good original helmets to me, transitional helmets tend to be a bit cheaper than M35/40 and 42's for some reason. Leon.

Both are one look originals, regarding price, I won't comment.

Two good looking helmets. One of the decals looks like someone was trying to remove it. I have a transitional on the way and should be on my self Friday night, it will be my first and have started liking them because of the fact... Hey this helmet could have served in two wars, how neat is that.
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

MAP
    ?

I like the first one a lot. What is the stamp on the inside?

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

pretty sure its a sizing stamp (i'm no expert but i'm assuming it was painted in the shell at some point when the ww1 three prong liners were being switched for '31 patterns)?

here's some others like it:

- - ------- - -

http://www.germanmilitaria.com/Heer/photos/H025865.html