Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Tri Color Normandy Camo Helmets

Article about: My curiosity has stirred some thoughts for myself. I often watch Collector sites, Forums, and other known sources for new helmets. Usually checking in a few times a week. Always have been dr

Default Tri Color Normandy Camo Helmets

My curiosity has stirred some thoughts for myself. I often watch Collector sites, Forums, and other known sources for new helmets. Usually checking in a few times a week. Always have been driven to, and noticed the highly sought after Tri-color Normandy camo Helmets. Or any kind of Normandy camo helmet for that matter.

My question is... it appears there's always a Helmet to be found some where online that is for sale... with that being said, how many Normandy Camo Helmets do you actually think were out there during the War. At times when I am searching it would appear as if there would be enough of these helmets out there for everybody to atleast have one.

How many Normandy Camo's do you actually think survived the war?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tri Color Normandy Camo Helmets
    P
    Many

Great question and one I have also wondered about. One thing I will add is through the years I have seen many camo's recycled in other collections.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

First off, "Normandy" pattern is a collectors term that is used way too broadly. Also, it is one of the most often faked camo patterns.

That being said, yes - real ones are often recycled through the collecting circuit and as values increase so does the amount of reproductions out there.

As always, caveat emptor!

Hi, I think it is fair to say that a genuine cammo of any pattern is not the norm! The so called "Normandy" cammo is one of the more common types, but even then a genuine one is still hard to find. As for numbers, I would not like to guess, but if you assume that every ten Normandy's you see are fake, the 11th may (just may) be a good one! Leon.

About the only way I would trust a "Normandy Camo" helmet is if I took it from the GI that wore it and had a period photo of him wearing it...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by relicz View Post
    First off, "Normandy" pattern is a collectors term that is used way too broadly. Also, it is one of the most often faked camo patterns.

That being said, yes - real ones are often recycled through the collecting circuit and as values increase so does the amount of reproductions out there.

As always, caveat emptor!
    Absolutely , for me the definition of a Normandy camo is a helmet with an even application of brown , green and tan.
    And those are not found on every site ;-)

Dealers call everything a Normandy camo as it is used as a selling point.

Greatly appreciate the conversation. Some great points added, much to think about on that topic. Wouldn't mind finding one for the collection one day, but as stated, it could be extremely difficult in finding one that you can feel confident in.