Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Two german helmets gift

Article about: Talked to a young man today,his father does home care for older invalids,the man he was caring for gave him 2 helmets.One a ww1 machine gunners helmet with the extended lugs for the face shi

Default Two german helmets gift

Talked to a young man today,his father does home care for older invalids,the man he was caring for gave him 2 helmets.One a ww1 machine gunners helmet with the extended lugs for the face shield,other a m40 or earlier not sure, double decal ss.He is going to bring them to work and have me look at them,they are not selling them just would like my opinion,will post some pics if they look authentic.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Two german helmets gift
    P
    Many

I must say all of the lugs are for the face shield, if they are extended it just means a smaller sized helmet.

Thanks Rene for the info!Shows how much I know about ww1 helmets,duh.The lugs are there for the shield.Think I misunderstood the young man.Anyway not holding my breath on the ss,ha!

Quote by Toecutter View Post
    Thanks Rene for the info!Shows how much I know about ww1 helmets,duh.The lugs are there for the shield.Think I misunderstood the young man.Anyway not holding my breath on the ss,ha!
    ahh it's coming from a master of none hey

?

You learn something everyday. I had no idea the lugs were for face shields, I thought they were just designed as air vents that look like Frankenstein bolts. I do remember seeing one on Shea's site years ago with a leaf sprig insignia attached to the lug, maybe Freikorps ? I own only this one WWI helmet shell that I bought on ebay many years ago for about $100. Looks pretty neat with remnants of camo paint.
    Look forward to seeing what they bring you.

Two german helmets giftTwo german helmets gift
    Two german helmets gift

okie I never did take good shots of my rubbish pair together but this crap shot shows the difference between helmet lug sizes.
    Last edited by reneblacky; 12-08-2018 at 05:09 AM. Reason: grammer

Thanks guys appreciate it!

Quote by Aldo View Post
    You learn something everyday. I had no idea the lugs were for face shields, I thought they were just designed as air vents that look like Frankenstein bolts. I do remember seeing one on Shea's site years ago with a leaf sprig insignia attached to the lug, maybe Freikorps ? I own only this one WWI helmet shell that I bought on ebay many years ago for about $100. Looks pretty neat with remnants of camo paint.
    Look forward to seeing what they bring you.

Very nice helmet there I'm jealous I must say!

MAP
    ?

You know the drill Nice clear photos with straight on and close up shots of the decals as well as maker and lot #

You really never know what can come out of the woodwork. Looking forward to seeing them.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)