Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Two Helmets on Craigslist: One Army M-42 Camo, One Luftschutz Gladiator

Article about: Hello everyone, Thank you in advance for your expertise and knowledge. Had this ad come up on our local Craigslist site. I'm not seeing a lot of issues with the Luftschutz helmet, but am con

Default Two Helmets on Craigslist: One Army M-42 Camo, One Luftschutz Gladiator

Hello everyone,

Thank you in advance for your expertise and knowledge. Had this ad come up on our local Craigslist site. I'm not seeing a lot of issues with the Luftschutz helmet, but am concerned with the Army camo. Wish I had more pictures for you to study but this is all I can get from the seller. I'm just not that good enough in the realm of camo finish helmets to give an honest appraisal (also know that it is a minefield). The helmet just doesn't give me a good feeling. I have mixed feelings concerning the actual camo finish itself as well as the liner. The seller wants $450 for both helmets.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Ron
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two Helmets on Craigslist: One Army M-42 Camo, One Luftschutz Gladiator   Two Helmets on Craigslist: One Army M-42 Camo, One Luftschutz Gladiator  

Two Helmets on Craigslist: One Army M-42 Camo, One Luftschutz Gladiator   Two Helmets on Craigslist: One Army M-42 Camo, One Luftschutz Gladiator  

Two Helmets on Craigslist: One Army M-42 Camo, One Luftschutz Gladiator  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Two Helmets on Craigslist: One Army M-42 Camo, One Luftschutz Gladiator
    P
    Many

Hi, the Luftschutz helmet looks as though it may be ok, but you really need a good image of the decal, as for the cammo, there is some very odd circular patterns all over the paintwork. It may have been "dabbed" on with a rag, but again much better images are needed to determine if this is a period applied cammo. Not much help, I know! Leon.

I don't see any issues with the Gladiator, but I agree with Leon that better photos are required to properly access the M42...
    cheers, Glenn

Check this previous post.

Need Help! M42 Heer
    Started by wpheaton, 08-16-2015 04:43 PM

Luftschutz looks pretty good to me as well but, as noted, you need a good decal shot to make 100% sure. Impossible to tell about the camo, at the very least it looks heavily cleaned, at worst it's no good. Need better shots overall.

Also, of course, make sure that the seller actually has these helmets in hand... seems like Craigslist is teeming with scams etc.

Have asked the seller for more pictures.

Quote by wpheaton View Post
    Check this previous post.

Need Help! M42 Heer
    Started by wpheaton, 08-16-2015 04:43 PM
    Thought I had seen it before Will! I am still dubious about it being a good one, and I guess the seller did not send you any good close-up images! Leon.

Ah! I see this has already been discussed. Have asked for more pictures. Let's see what happens.

Thanks! Just saw it. Has there been any final conclusions on the items (especially the camo)?

Ron,

I live near this also. Just north 60 miles. Where are you?

William

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast