Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Two Police/Fire Helmets: Fake decals and re-paint one?

Article about: Hi, guys. I am hoping to pick-up one of a few civil police/fire helmets I have looked at, these being two of them. I posted the first (saltier) helmet here a little while back and it was off

Exclamation Two Police/Fire Helmets: Fake decals and re-paint one?

Hi, guys. I am hoping to pick-up one of a few civil police/fire helmets I have looked at, these being two of them. I posted the first (saltier) helmet here a little while back and it was offered to me for $140 USD. The 2nd helmet is one I was just shown and a friend of mine said he wasn't sure if it might have been re-painted or if the decals might be fake. He was also somewhat skeptical of the liner. They both look okay to me compared to originals, except that the swastikas on both helmets seem off-center, particularly on the 2nd better condition helmet. I'm pretty sure the first one is good, but assuming the 2nd one is as well is it a better helmet for a little bit more ($195 USD)? Also a newbie question...I'm not sure how to tell the difference between a police and fire helmet if there is one or were they used interchangeably?

Thanks a lot for the help!
    Best,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two Police/Fire Helmets: Fake decals and re-paint one?   Two Police/Fire Helmets: Fake decals and re-paint one?  

Two Police/Fire Helmets: Fake decals and re-paint one?   Two Police/Fire Helmets: Fake decals and re-paint one?  

Two Police/Fire Helmets: Fake decals and re-paint one?  
    Attached Images Attached Images Two Police/Fire Helmets: Fake decals and re-paint one?  Two Police/Fire Helmets: Fake decals and re-paint one?  Two Police/Fire Helmets: Fake decals and re-paint one?  Two Police/Fire Helmets: Fake decals and re-paint one? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Two Police/Fire Helmets: Fake decals and re-paint one?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Two Police/Fire Helmets: Fake decals and re-paint one?

Sorry, the pictures got a little mixed up. Basically the first helmet I refer to is the more worn overall and the second is the one in better condition and on the mannequins.

Thanks,
    Adam

Both look okay to me. Early fire police lids had a comb. Sometimes the comb was removed, an there are examples where the holes are plugged, and examples where the holes are not plugged. Neither of these had combs, but both have 5 tabs on the liners to which a leather neck flap could be attached if the helmets where used by fire police personnel. The insignia where the same for both branches. Jim G.

Stahlhelmexpert
    ?

Imo good helmets.

Greets,
    Donald.