Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unique Imports catalog circa 1976/Helmet sales page

Article about: Hi folks, I located my Unique Imports catalog from 1976. I purchased my first M42 from them back in 1976. It was painted LW grey and they supplied the correct decals. As I recall, it had an

Default Unique Imports catalog circa 1976/Helmet sales page

Hi folks, I located my Unique Imports catalog from 1976. I purchased my first M42 from them back in 1976. It was painted LW grey and they supplied the correct decals. As I recall, it had an M31 style liner and chin strap. The paint was pretty cheap and slightly chalky. It had a Norwegian paint scheme and decal underneath the LW grey. Check out the prices! NH

Unique Imports catalog circa 1976/Helmet sales pageUnique Imports catalog circa 1976/Helmet sales page

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unique Imports catalog circa 1976/Helmet sales page
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Unique Imports catalog circa 1976/Helmet sales page

Hi Neil! Those prices are crazy compared to today's standards! If only they were that cheap now... Great find! Cheers! Sean.

The SS decal is a Mickey Mouse fake. I'm guessing the rest aren't as authentic as Unique Collectibles made them out to be!

?

Hi OB! The ad states they are repainted with new decals. Cheers! Sean.

Quote by seandm View Post
    Hi OB! The ad states they are repainted with new decals. Cheers! Sean.
    I should read more...

They were sold as original WWII German helmets repainted. I would have preferred to get a Norwegian unpainted. But when you are 16 just getting your hands on a German helmet was exciting. They sold other items including insignia - most of it fake. Problem is that this fake or repainted stuff is now nearly 40 years old. NH

Looks like this was posted in 2010. See "similar thread" below for more info. Sorry about that! NH

I cannot believe that even way back in the heatwave of 1976 the word "Replica" was already in circulation my god how far back do fakes go?I presume Neil that most of the stuff advertised must have been seriously messed with? I mean a british paratrooper helmet going fifteen bucks.................Jake.

In remember these guys, and I think I bought a few things from
    their catalogue. Fakes at this time were awful and quite easy
    to spot from originals - incorrect pin set-ups, etc - but as
    Neil says, these items are now @40 years old.........
    Regards,

Steve.

A long time Rudderanger 44 I can go back to about 1960 when I got some fake stick pins, DAF wermacht you could bend them with finger. 1963 ordered German helmet Field Stream magazine was a real CKL M-42 shell liner and chinstrap had been repainted a grey green with fake wermacht, and party decal on side. I still have it. Thanks for the post of the old Unique Imports catalog I too purchased items from them from 76 to 79 you know the SS helmet covers shown were real SS cammo cut from shelter quarters but the one I got was draw string instead of clips. I got a M-35 helmet from them that was painted not bad field gray Norweign reissue ET 64 in rim fake wermacht decals but original German liner not the dark red Norweign liners that later ones had. This old company goes back a while my brother purchased a felt later model pith helmet about 69 or 70 that was ok german one had Germany stamped in liner for a while $19.95 with shipping and that was a high price back then. But anyhow thanks for the old memories. timothy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast