Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unusual M40 Snow Camo Helmet / Opinions Needed

Article about: Hello!!! I thought I would show this helmet, and hopefully get some opinions and thoughts about it. I bought it for \\$75. I thought it was interesting. The story given with it, was that it wa

Default Unusual M40 Snow Camo Helmet / Opinions Needed

Hello!!! I thought I would show this helmet, and hopefully get some opinions and thoughts about it. I bought it for $75. I thought it was interesting. The story given with it, was that it was recovered in the Seelowe Heights area of berlin in the 1980's. I looked up the battle of Seelowe, and it was one of the last battles of WW2 against 1 million of Zhukov's forces.

Could this be a Volkssturm helmet? What is the black insignia?? painted on the front. It looks like it could be period done maybe. The helmet has a few layers of paint. Could the odd green be for springtime, at the time (April) of the battle of Seelowe Heights?? Just a thought.

What do all you think!! All opinions appreciated.

Regards, Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unusual M40 Snow Camo Helmet / Opinions Needed   Unusual M40 Snow Camo Helmet / Opinions Needed  

Unusual M40 Snow Camo Helmet / Opinions Needed   Unusual M40 Snow Camo Helmet / Opinions Needed  

Unusual M40 Snow Camo Helmet / Opinions Needed   Unusual M40 Snow Camo Helmet / Opinions Needed  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unusual M40 Snow Camo Helmet / Opinions Needed
    P
    Many

Default Re: Unusual M40 Snow Camo Helmet / Opinions Needed

Hi Steve, interesting helmet!

Never seen anything like it before? I agree with you that the paint appears to be period going from the edge wear to the rim etc.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Steve, interesting helmet!

Never seen anything like it before? I agree with you that the paint appears to be period going from the edge wear to the rim etc.

Cheers, Ade.
    Hi Ade, yes it is an unusual one. I hope someone out there knows something about it. If it could talk, that would be good.

Regards, Steve

I stay tuned!
    I have got a similar green one ( not quite the same color ) but it doen't seem a WH color to me eigther!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unusual M40 Snow Camo Helmet / Opinions Needed   Unusual M40 Snow Camo Helmet / Opinions Needed  

?

that black insignia looks like it was a painted on black circle which when left on its side has run in three places,its only a guess but thats what it looks like to me, rgds Dave

?

At my IMHO, the Steve's helmet is painted over the rust, and that is probably child's paintwork ( I've done the same) then helmet was again under the moisture and become more rusty.
    The second helmet from stuka F looks like a nice period helmet. I saw some of the SS Nederland and Estonian helmets in that kind of paint
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Jan
    ?

Looks like a very new paintjob. Thin layers of white then green over a rusty original.

Quote by stuka f View Post
    I stay tuned!
    I have got a similar green one ( not quite the same color ) but it doen't seem a WH color to me eigther!
    Hi!! Thanks for the pics, looks very interesting also. Very similar. This may seem like a stupid question, but what does "WH" stand for?? Wermacht /Heer? I am not an advanced helmet collector, sorry.

Regards, Steve

Hi Steve, yes "WH" = Wehrmacht.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Its just hit me what that circle is, when its been on its side somebody has fired an aerosol paint tin at it which has then run,,

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast