Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Value on de-nazified M/40 luftwaffe?

Article about: Thank you very much for all the kind replies Appreciated!

Dezades
    ?

Default Value on de-nazified M/40 luftwaffe?

Can anyone help me? I bought this helmet some years ago on eBay. It was quite a lucky buy, since there was 2 pictures, all taken from great distance and blured. Therefore, I bet not many liked to bid on it back then.

Thank you very much!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Value on de-nazified M/40 luftwaffe?   Value on de-nazified M/40 luftwaffe?  

Value on de-nazified M/40 luftwaffe?   Value on de-nazified M/40 luftwaffe?  

Value on de-nazified M/40 luftwaffe?   Value on de-nazified M/40 luftwaffe?  

2. # ADS

Jan
    ?

Default Re: Value on de-nazified M/40 luftwaffe?

Seems like it was denazified quite recently so personally I dont like it that much.. 300 euros maxbut wait for more experienced guys to scomment!

Bet regards Jan

P.S. Dont like the liner either but thats just a matter of taste I presume :/

Dezades
    ?

Liner is 100% original and quite dry!

Thanks for the comment, however, it's not a repro

Thanks,

Dezades
    ?

Closeup of decal if you are not sure about it...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Value on de-nazified M/40 luftwaffe?  

Frankly, I like the denazified pieces, they scream the emotion of the vets that brought them back. Great helmet - a "one looker"! As to value, I wouldn't have a problem paying $550 - $600. I have 7 M40 SD Lufts, they are fairly common, but display really well. If you are selling it you should contact Farradin on this site. I think he is looking for a nice real TR combat helmet in this price range. Cheers, Jim G.

Good stuff.

?

I paid $500 for the example below a couple of years ago and suggest your helmet is worth roughly the same at todays prices.
    I personally think helmets are very overpriced, even the common lids like this one seem to be creeping up to (IMO) unacceptable levels for what are, in effect, very common items.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Value on de-nazified M/40 luftwaffe?  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Quote by AdrianC View Post
    I paid $500 for the example below a couple of years ago and suggest your helmet is worth roughly the same at todays prices.
    I personally think helmets are very overpriced, even the common lids like this one seem to be creeping up to (IMO) unacceptable levels for what are, in effect, very common items.
    That's a nice price for that lid. Assuming the liner is there. I bet you would have no trouble finding it a new home. Does seem the prices have gone through the roof. Chinstrap alone is 15 or so.

Regards

?

Quote by drdata View Post
    That's a nice price for that lid. Assuming the liner is there. I bet you would have no trouble finding it a new home. Does seem the prices have gone through the roof. Chinstrap alone is 15 or so.

Regards
    Thank you, the liner is still there, the chinstrap is a replacement, the two halves don't match but it is a decent helmet bought for a sensible price. This was when the $/£ exchange rate was almost 2/1 so I paid about £260. I would like a SD M42 to go with it but I refuse to pay the current prices. As you say, chinstraps are extremely overpriced. That small strip of leather makes up a quarter or fifth of the helmet value in some cases. WHY??????
    I could buy two Eisenes Kreuz for chinstrap money - and frequently do!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Nice looking honest helmet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast