Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Value on vet art lid

Article about: Looking to buy what’s a fair price?

Default Value on vet art lid

Looking to buy what’s a fair price?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Value on vet art lid   Value on vet art lid  

Value on vet art lid  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Value on vet art lid
    P
    Many

The first thing and most difficult thing is to ascertain it is really vet art. More close ups are required , also maker and lot nr.

Thanks, I liked it but it went higher that I wanted to spend. $650 plus premium. I do think it was real as the paint had a really dead look i in patina. It was an EF. Couldn’t read the lot number.

MAP
    ?

Just from these photos I would be really careful. I think I see pitting above the vent in the last photo
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Since MAP mentioned the pitting I have also noticed it and am in agreement, I've posted a screengrab below. Educated guess, this was done post war. Also, I find it very strange how the paint on each letter seems to be cracking in the same way. My opinion on this could be way off, but the fact it seems to have pitted and then been painted all over in fresh paint followed by lettering suggests to me a time period longer than a soldier would've had to do it during the war. This is not to say it wasn't done post war by a vet however, I'll wait for more educated opinions in that respect.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Value on vet art lid  

Vet at helmets are like red cross and white camo’s , a great bunch are post war made to create more value.
    The most trustworthy in my opinion are the ones painted on the original paint and still show the decal. Patina wise if painted right after the war it should match with the helmet paint.

CGR
    ?

The crackling of the lettering looks overdone to me but I am.no expert I just look at it with a trained eye for old vs made to look old. As with any Vet Art helmets unless I had a pic of the vet doing it and there was no doubt it was legit and even then I would question it as to when it was done and what year? If you buy it and ever sell it will you be able to prove any of it as most Collectors are going to question it and most will dismiss it. Just my 2 cents.

Glad I didn’t buy it.

Quote by Mauser202 View Post
    Looking to buy what’s a fair price?
    Hello,
    There are better ways to ask for help from our members.
    Saying Hello or good morning, please, thank you....you know all these words invented by human beings to interact and communicate.
    From now on, i will delete all thread from members for whom politeness is unknown concept
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Hi JPillip,
    You're quite correct. My manners are a product of my work environment, fast paced and very casual,no excuse, but not ment to offend.
    I ll keep this in mind on future posts.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast