Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Very Early Double Decal Heer Transitional Helmet - Set Back Decals

Article about: ed Today, 03:12 PM Generaloberst Joined: 19-June 10 1,785 posts Annoyed from this ads?   This has to be a VERY EARLY double decal Heer transitional piece. It is a Bell "L"64 s

Default Very Early Double Decal Heer Transitional Helmet - Set Back Decals

ed Today, 03:12 PM

Generaloberst

1,785 posts

This has to be a VERY EARLY double decal Heer transitional piece. It is a Bell "L"64 shell, probably refurbished very soon after the birth of the Third Reich. It still has the WWI three pad liner complete with what I believe is the original leather drawstring and an early carbine chin strap. The liner definitely was out of the shell when the shell was repainted, and reinstalled with three flat headed split pins with washers between the heads of the pins and the exterior of the shell - an assembly configuration I have only seen before on interwar commercial ET M18 shells. The decals are set back, like those on my M16 Transitional Luftwaffe helmet (shown in the last 2 pictures for comparison). The exterior of the shell has scrape marks under the paint that suggests that it was camoed in the Great War, and that the camo paint was crudely removed at some point before the helmet was refurbished. There are definite remnants of white wash on the exterior of the shell and around the rivets and vent lugs as well that suggest that this one was also in combat in WWII!!! A true combat vet from BOTH World Wars. Hope you like it. Jim G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Very Early Double Decal Heer Transitional Helmet - Set Back Decals   Very Early Double Decal Heer Transitional Helmet - Set Back Decals  

Very Early Double Decal Heer Transitional Helmet - Set Back Decals   Very Early Double Decal Heer Transitional Helmet - Set Back Decals  

Very Early Double Decal Heer Transitional Helmet - Set Back Decals   Very Early Double Decal Heer Transitional Helmet - Set Back Decals  

Very Early Double Decal Heer Transitional Helmet - Set Back Decals  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Very Early Double Decal Heer Transitional Helmet - Set Back Decals
    P
    Many

Marvellous helmet! The type I adore. Can I ask you how much is it for one helmet in such beautiful conditions?

Beautiful helmet! Same goes for the Luftwaffe as well --- love that profile!!

?

Spectacular Jim,.................... where do you find these things?

Your analysis of it's history of service is incredible as well!

And to top it all off a Bell L, no less!

Very, Very, Cool!!!
    Regards,
    John

?

Very nice transitional.

?

Great lid Jim

Excellent helmets. An interesting look with the decals set back like that. I, too, wonder where Jim finds these helmets.

Quote by MD Helmets View Post
    Excellent helmets. An interesting look with the decals set back like that. I, too, wonder where Jim finds these helmets.
    Here and there. One thing I will swear to, I AM NOT making them in my cellar. I have been collecting off and on for over 53 years, and with a passion for the last 25. I just get a tremendous thrill having a connection, however tenuous, with a period of history about which I am obsessed. My interest was sparked when I was 7, and learned that my Uncle Charlie, gone these past 6 years, was one of those brave men who stormed the beach at Omaha on June 6, 1944. He gave me my first helmet, one that I will someday share with you. Anyway, I am glad you all like this one. Jim G.

MAP
    ?

Awesome example!! Thanks for showing.

I think you have a helmet genie that finds these!!!!

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

very nice ones.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast