Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

A very sad end of a piece of history M42 ET66 Luftwaffe

Article about: Hello guys and friends of Militaria, This luftwaffe M42 I bought this week for little money you can see were the eagle was The helmet was made by ET in size 66 with the lot 2028 SD Luftwaffe

Default A very sad end of a piece of history M42 ET66 Luftwaffe

Hello guys and friends of Militaria,

This luftwaffe M42 I bought this week for little money
    you can see were the eagle was
    The helmet was made by ET in size 66 with the lot 2028 SD Luftwaffe
    It seems to have reissued to a flowerpot
    Anyone cut the front away and hit 2 holes into the shell and scrached the complete eagle away
    Who this have done do not like Steelhelmets
    Why anyone do something like this to a piece of history like that?

What do you say to this helmet?

Best regards from Munic
    Bavarian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A very sad end of a piece of history M42 ET66 Luftwaffe   A very sad end of a piece of history M42 ET66 Luftwaffe  

A very sad end of a piece of history M42 ET66 Luftwaffe   A very sad end of a piece of history M42 ET66 Luftwaffe  

A very sad end of a piece of history M42 ET66 Luftwaffe   A very sad end of a piece of history M42 ET66 Luftwaffe  

A very sad end of a piece of history M42 ET66 Luftwaffe  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A very sad end of a piece of history M42 ET66 Luftwaffe
    P
    Many

?

It is sad to a helmet collector but it is so interesting how many different ways these were used postwar!

Not unusual Bavarian. You have to remember that they had seen thousands of helmets over the years and were just putting it to practical use. It’s always a shame for us to see but at the time they never would have thought that they would eventually be collectable pieces of history.

Andy

Have to remember that items like this are hated by people who lived under the jack boot - my Mum (NL) in her late 80's still gets the spooks!

Interesting, I too wonder what the intention was when this helmet was hacked about. Still at least it has not ended up on ebay as a late war M42 Fallschirmjager prototype!! Leon.

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Have to remember that items like this are hated by people who lived under the jack boot - my Mum (NL) in her late 80's still gets the spooks!
    We had a Dutch neighbor who didn't visit us anymore as long as I had a German helmet in the shop window...
    Otherwise she visited us nearly every day, when the shop was open.
    And it was there for maybe two weeks.
    We where not aware when it happened.
    Funny thing is that here son was a great time military vehicles collector. That detail came up much later too.
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

It may have had the visor cut off in order to utilise it as a scoop, for animals then later being used as a plant holder. It happens. I know guys who brought back Iraqi helmets in 1991 and used them for plant pots, dreadful pity but such things have happened as long as armies have fought throughout history.