Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Vet bring back M35 possible Kriegsmarine

Article about: A good Friend of mine Just scooped up this beautiful M35 vet bring back helmet. Its liner pins are not loose what so ever, overall the paint looks great, and it exhibits that nice honest age

?

Yes I'm sure ill find another one. As everyone knows harder to come by specially like how I did with this. Came across a few through the years but Mainly collect weapons of the era. Atleast you can have fun with them, then staring at a helmet on a shelf collecting dust. Your so right through..never stop at 1...like k98 rifles lol

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Vet bring back M35 possible Kriegsmarine
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Well post your k98s. We love those as well.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Defiently will!o

An M40 with Heer decal at $300 is definitely a very good buy. And i love the finish on it too.
    My Heer M42 was £395 but is not as nice as this - and i've seen them going for much more is various different conditions.

David (Real Steal) and Michael (MAP) give good advice for sure. There are quite a few folk who hang out in the 'German 33-45 Helmet forum' who really know their stuff - you will quickly work out who.
    As i'm fairly new to this i try not to make wild assumptions or post any know-it-all comments - that would be wrong. Just tentatively posting on what i've learnt so far.
    I can say for sure though that this forum is a wealth of good information. If anyone feels dejected with it at times - don't! Stick around as you are appreciated!
    Nick

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    An M40 with Heer decal at $300 is definitely a very good buy. And i love the finish on it too.
    My Heer M42 was £395 but is not as nice as this - and i've seen them going for much more is various different conditions.

David (Real Steal) and Michael (MAP) give good advice for sure. There are quite a few folk who hang out in the 'German 33-45 Helmet forum' who really know their stuff - you will quickly work out who.
    As i'm fairly new to this i try not to make wild assumptions or post any know-it-all comments - that would be wrong. Just tentatively posting on what i've learnt so far.
    I can say for sure though that this forum is a wealth of good information. If anyone feels dejected with it at times - don't! Stick around as you are appreciated!
    Nick
    Couldn't agree more HoundsTooth!

Quote by FUBARR View Post
    Yes I'm sure ill find another one. As everyone knows harder to come by specially like how I did with this. Came across a few through the years but Mainly collect weapons of the era. Atleast you can have fun with them, then staring at a helmet on a shelf collecting dust. Your so right through..never stop at 1...like k98 rifles lol
    Sorry I was late seeing this reply. Gee...never would have guessed you are a transplant from the K98 forum ! " Staring at a helmet collecting dust". That immature, idiotic statement is indicative of your mentality & personality. I would venture to say you are a 25 year old...full of "piss & vinegar" from your demeanor & lack of respect towards the collecting community. I doubt you will contribute much here. I doubt you will last long. Lots of helmet collectors here who take their collections very seriously. That statement is not appropriate for a first time post from a new member fresh out of the gate. Or from anyone who has respect for the collecting community. I guess you feel the same about dagger collectors, badge collectors, etc.etc. ?

If you have doubts about an appraisal on a helmet I give you, or other members here...feel free to contact Kelly or Ken N. or Bill Shea. Then you can send them a check for $75-100 for their COA. Here, you are getting your appraisals free.

How about a big "Thank You" to the members here that took the time to give their opinions ? That would be nice

This forum we share respect & opinions. The place you came from....well I need not say more.
    Last edited by real steel; 10-30-2017 at 02:12 AM.

Quote by real steel View Post
    Sorry I was late seeing this reply. Gee...never would have guessed you are a transplant from the K98 forum ! " Staring at a helmet collecting dust". That immature, idiotic statement is indicative of your mentality & personality. I would venture to say you are a 25 year old...full of "piss & vinegar" from your demeanor & lack of respect towards the collecting community. I doubt you will contribute much here. I doubt you will last long.

This forum we share respect & opinions. The place you came from....well I need not say more.
    Whoa Whoa, no need to stir up trouble. If someones collecting values are different from your own, that's no reason to call them out. Every one who shares a passion for history is welcome here. I was just trying to help a friend out with this post, not start a breeding ground for arguments. Real steel, you are a great member of this forum, and you have my full respect. Just please try to keep drama out of this great place. I know it can be hard at times, especially when someone is asking for it.

Best regards- Jarret

I'm not trying to add fuel to the fire here. But there is an appropriate tone that one should adhere to when asking for advice. We all know written word can be easily misinterpreted as opposed to spoken word. But I understand where David is coming from. We especially David dedicate alot of our lives in persuit of knowledge that comes at great expense, wether it be monetarily, time spent, or a tongue lashing/lesson from a older more experienced Collector. The people David mentioned as getting COA'S from are his contemporaries not folks he looks up to for clarification he is their equal and dedicates his time here for free. So when he offers his opinion it's based in study, experience and fact. Please keep this in mind as I know him personally and can attest you would be hard pressed to find a finer person here on the forum. Best regards.

Brian

Jarret. To me, uncalled for. So far your friend has referred to either myself or others as having ego issues , subliminal insults on helmet collectors. Myself & others gave our time trying to help. In his mind, he did not get the answer he was looking for. Too bad. As I said...he is welcome to pay for a COA from any number of dealers. By paying $100 to one of them, to be told his liner is treated....he would be convinced then ? Couple of us told him the issue with the liner, but his response was .."I promise the liner is not treated" "I know about leather". Hence, my reply about his mentality.

Having different collecting values are not the issue. Stating guns are more fun than looking at a helmet on a shelf collecting dust, that is his opinion & does not need to be stated here. To me, it is downright stupid & to me, out of place. It is juvenile & I took offence to it.

Quote by bsiwula1 View Post
    I'm not trying to add fuel to the fire here. But there is an appropriate tone that one should adhere to when asking for advice. We all know written word can be easily misinterpreted as opposed to spoken word. But I understand where David is coming from. We especially David dedicate alot of our lives in persuit of knowledge that comes at great expense, wether it be monetarily, time spent, or a tongue lashing/lesson from a older more experienced Collector. The people David mentioned as getting COA'S from are his contemporaries not folks he looks up to for clarification he is their equal and dedicates his time here for free. So when he offers his opinion it's based in study, experience and fact. Please keep this in mind as I know him personally and can attest you would be hard pressed to find a finer person here on the forum. Best regards.

Brian
    Well I said this many times before, I greatly appreciate the help you guys provide. You've all helped me quite a bit on my older posts. I should have known arguments like these are inevitable in the forum. Again I cant thank you guys enough for the amazing help you have all provided. Your knowledge is gold for a 19Yr old collector like me. Just please try to keep the drama away

Best regards- Jarret

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast