Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

'Vet Bring back' M42 helmet

Article about: Hello everyone, I saw this helmet and I almost fell in love with it! I might get it if it checks out with you guys, after all, you're all the experts! It is supposed to be a vet bring back b

Default 'Vet Bring back' M42 helmet

Hello everyone, I saw this helmet and I almost fell in love with it! I might get it if it checks out with you guys, after all, you're all the experts! It is supposed to be a vet bring back but I have no Idea how to authenticate these types, I know the helmet itself is real, but for all I know the owner might have written on it himself. The seller suggests that it was just a shell when it was picked up and the liner and components were added post war. The asking price is $525, is that a good price? Any opinions would be very helpful! Thank you!
    Attached Images Attached Images 'Vet Bring back' M42 helmet  'Vet Bring back' M42 helmet  'Vet Bring back' M42 helmet  'Vet Bring back' M42 helmet  'Vet Bring back' M42 helmet  'Vet Bring back' M42 helmet  'Vet Bring back' M42 helmet 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 'Vet Bring back' M42 helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: 'Vet Bring back' M42 helmet

I believe it's presence on that website is authentication enough!
    ( no, I don't get paid or have an affiliation with them .... )
    Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Good dealer. I just bought a helmet from there! Dave is a good guy and he is pretty fair with prices for a dealer!

Regards,

Sam

A very nice, original M42 and an honest dealer, too.

In my opinion, most of Dave's decaled helmets are overpriced. However, $525 for this one is an exception. That is a fair price.

Regards,
    Corey

A great helmet from a well respected dealer. Price is decent for the lid as well.

Cheers
    Jason

That's not a bad price, but if you don't like te price throw him an offer. He will listen and consider. He is very good with communication, even though he sent the helmet I bought to the incorrect address after he confirmed he had sent it to a different address. That's the only problem I have ever had when dealing with him.

Lol - too bad someone painted 'Germany 1945' on the front - It is what it is !
    I don't think you'll find a more complete Luft helmet with 95% of it's decal
    under $500 today. ( Add on another $150-$200 for an original strap. )
    Regards,

Steve.

Thank you all for the replies! Is the "germany 1945" original from WW2? Or in other words was this really a WW2 souvenir that a soldier brought home and wrote on?

Quote by General Patton View Post
    Thank you all for the replies! Is the "germany 1945" original from WW2? Or in other words was this really a WW2 souvenir that a soldier brought home and wrote on?
    Dave is a well respected dealer (I've purchased 2 helmets from him) and the helmet is everything he says it is.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast