Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Vet Pick Up M42 Kriegsmarine Flak Helmet

Article about: I recently acquired this helmet from a vets son, and think it might be a Kriegsmarine flak helmet. Here are my thoughts, if the vet wanted to de-Nazify it, wouldn't he completely cover the d

Default Vet Pick Up M42 Kriegsmarine Flak Helmet

I recently acquired this helmet from a vets son, and think it might be a Kriegsmarine flak helmet. Here are my thoughts, if the vet wanted to de-Nazify it, wouldn't he completely cover the decal? Also the black paint has wear to it, like it was worn some during the war. The helmet is believed to be an EF helmet, which was the main producer of Kriegsmarine helmets. But I want to hear the thoughts of the helmet experts out there.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Vet Pick Up M42 Kriegsmarine Flak Helmet   Vet Pick Up M42 Kriegsmarine Flak Helmet  

Vet Pick Up M42 Kriegsmarine Flak Helmet   Vet Pick Up M42 Kriegsmarine Flak Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Vet Pick Up M42 Kriegsmarine Flak Helmet
    P
    Many

Or... It was probably used as a motorcycle helmet back in the 60s.

Hi mate, I have heard that there are examples of period black painted flak unit helmets, I seem to remember having a discussion about one a year or so ago. I think that one came from a Norwegian attic and was 100% correct if my memory serves me. I think the hardest part with one like this is knowing where it came from otherwise it could have been done 30/40 or 50 years ago. Leon.

Thanks for the reply. I am working on getting more information on the vet, and possibly where this helmet was brought back from.