Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Video of German WW2 helmets in use

Article about: I came across this 9 min long video of German WW2 snipers. It's very interesting to see all the different helmets in actual use. There is the chicken wire modifications, nets helmet covers a

?

Default Video of German WW2 helmets in use

I came across this 9 min long video of German WW2 snipers. It's very interesting to see all the different helmets in actual use. There is the chicken wire modifications, nets helmet covers and an array of other "mods" in this video. Also it's remarkably how many of these snipers are wearing the parachute helmet. I post this video because i think it has some relevance as reference material. There is of course a lot of other items in use in this video. Please feel free to remove to another sub forum if needed.

The German sniper of WW2 - YouTube

Regards, Lars

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Video of German WW2 helmets in use
    P
    Many

Default Re: Video of German WW2 helmets in use

Interesting vid. That is probably the 6th Fj Regiment (Green devils) in the bocage.

Nice variety of helmets. Can u imagine how feared these snipers must have been.. :s.

?

Yes it's probably the 6th. But the clips seem to come from different film rolls so to speak. Wonder if some snipers preferred the Fallschirmjager helmet, being smaller and lighter. They were probably quite feared. I read somewhere that especially the US troops hated them and actually killed them instead of taking them as prisoners.

I will have to watch this vid when I return home from work!

?

Do that my friend.Interesting footage.

Very cool video. I would think the lack of a skirt on the FJ helmet would make them desirable to the snipers. Not having a skirt banging into the butt of the rifle would be a plus. And a lack of skirt would probably increase the field of view for the sniper, especially his peripheral view.

A great vid Spoiled by the narrators voice imo Should have been a strong Teutonic accent

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Very cool video. I would think the lack of a skirt on the FJ helmet would make them desirable to the snipers. Not having a skirt banging into the butt of the rifle would be a plus. And a lack of skirt would probably increase the field of view for the sniper, especially his peripheral view.
    Yes it absolutely makes sense for snipers to use the FJ helmets. Does anybody know for a fact that they might have preferred the FJ helmet over the skirt models? I was a little amazed that so many of the snipers in this video are wearing the FJ, thinking they could not all be Fallschirmjagers.