MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Waffen ss and cover

Article about: Hoi, opinions please, can this be a good one? Is the inlay ok? Color? inlay has no markings. any comments? Thanks for the help! kind regards B.

Default Waffen ss and cover

Hoi,

opinions please, can this be a good one?
    Is the inlay ok? Color? inlay has no markings.
    any comments?

Thanks for the help!
    kind regards
    B.Waffen ss and coverWaffen ss and coverWaffen ss and coverWaffen ss and coverWaffen ss and coverWaffen ss and coverWaffen ss and coverWaffen ss and cover

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen ss and cover
    P
    Many

Helmet is a complete Chinese / Indian copy, shell and all. ( look at the rim and vents......!!!!)
    That said, i wouldn't trust the cover either.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Look too at chinstrap rivets, stamping, round bottom SS decal and liner colour...... all wrong. Sorry but run away from this!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

This shape is just all wrong... Terrible fake made to deceive.

First of all, I am far from an expert on this, but you'll need better pictures, not taken from a computer monitor, but even from these pictures you can see that its not good.
    "Per Ardua"

Already beaten to it ...
    "Per Ardua"

A fake worthy of a textbook entry. Bad liner as well, everything bad.

For every real dd SS with a helmet cover you come across there are thousands, maybe tens of thousands, of fakes. Until you can tell whether the helmet shell itself is a real or a fake I recommend that you stay away from the high ticket items in the SS realm, it will save you a boat load of money. Everything about this piece is one look one second bad from across the street. I am glad you posted before pulling the trigger. You need to start with the basic pieces, a no decal M42 is fairly inexpensive and will give you a little familiarity with the look, smell and feel of a real item. Reference books are a must, they will help you learn the shell to decal relationships. Militaria shows are a great place to learn, but you see more fakes than real ones at most shows as well. Ebay is a minefield. There are some (actually many) online dealers who are good guys, but even the good ones make mistakes. It comes down to the collector. Knowledge is your weapon. You are NEVER going to stumble onto a dd SS helmet in a pawn shop for $500 because the seller doesn't know what he has - he does, and he is waiting for the new collector who doesn't so he can in essence steal his money.

Happened to notice your only other post here (your profile), was a repro M38. Seem to be coming across some fake helmets & might want to follow the advice from the above member. With the limited knowledge you seem to possess, I would not buy anything unless you show it here first.

Hi, you have your answer already, but I will add my voice as to this being a truly awful fake that really does not resemble an original helmet in any way. Stay well away from it, IF this were what you are looking for then get ready to spend several thousand £'s/$'s!!! Leon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast