Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

War Relics Classifieds

Article about: I am new to WR, a little over a year. I have never purchased off the classifieds. I do not want to offend anyone. Are all the items listed on War Relics Classifieds legitimate items and the

Default War Relics Classifieds

I am new to WR, a little over a year. I have never purchased off the classifieds. I do not want to offend anyone. Are all the items listed on War Relics Classifieds legitimate items and the sellers trust worthy? I am trying to follow other members recommendations to purchase from dealers rather than Craigslist, Ebay, etc. I am interested in a Luftwaffe helmet with complete liner & chin strap. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

William

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement War Relics Classifieds
    P
    Many

?

Hi William! If someone lists a fake on the classifieds, it would most likely be called out and removed pretty quickly. That said, I don't think that the sellers would be offended if you post things here for opinion first.

Yes, most sellers on here are very trusted and shouldn't have a problem or issues buying from the classifieds

Thank you Erno & Goon,

I have been looking at two helmets: 1. is listed by Stimey for $795 but the liner looks a little out of shape or not attached properly. 2. is by Krisse for E550. I like the looks of it but it has been listed for a long time.

Are the conditions and prices in line? What would you offer? Any other suggestions or places to look.

Thanks,

William

M38
    ?

William, both helmets look original and prices are not too bad. I think the second one offered by Krisse is the better looking of the two and a better buy. Although the other one has a better decal, that second one looks nicer overall.

Value wise, since both have been for sale for a while and sgl decal Luft helmets are one of the most common helmets out there, it would be reasonable to offer less to the sellers. Maybe start at $100 less and see what happens. Good luck!

You might also try a couple of the better online dealers we've all dealt with such as Dave Shirlin or Giorgio Spadaro. They both have good helmets at realistic prices.

Cheers,
    Terry

Quote by M38 View Post
    William, both helmets look original and prices are not too bad. I think the second one offered by Krisse is the better looking of the two and a better buy. Although the other one has a better decal, that second one looks nicer overall.

Value wise, since both have been for sale for a while and sgl decal Luft helmets are one of the most common helmets out there, it would be reasonable to offer less to the sellers. Maybe start at $100 less and see what happens. Good luck!

Thanks Terry, This is exactly the kind of help I am looking for.

William

You might also try a couple of the better online dealers we've all dealt with such as Dave Shirlin or Giorgio Spadaro. They both have good helmets at realistic prices.

Cheers,
    Terry

Thanks Terry

This is exactly the kind of help I am looking for.

William

Hi William , any "fake" items that occasionally slip through the scrutiny in to the classifieds section are usually pulled pretty quickly as the knowledgeable members here soon "call" them out. Also be aware that sometimes an item may be listed in the classifieds that has been sold long ago but the seller has forgotten to remove it. As for the two helmets you refer to , they are both good originals at a fair price, and I would not presume to favour one members item over another. Good luck in whichever direction you buy!! Leon.

For members selling in the classified section it is a good checks and balance system unlike the checks and balance system in the US right now, a subject for a different setting. It all boils down to honesty and integrity and we as members to keep each other accountable in a respectable and dignified way. There are too many crooks out there and we need to keep them out there and not in our back yard so too speak. Just a thought. Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Hi Guys, I have come to really value your input and direction. I have been searching the classifieds and here is my question, please don't beat me up. Dave Shirlin has a M1935 Early Luftwaffe DD Helmet for $700, Item #2674. It's issues are a touched up National Colors, a probable replaced liner and no chinstrap. I really would like a DD M1935 but could never afford what most of them go for. Do you think that this helmet is a good investment?

Thanks in Advance for your responses,

William

I think Dave's DD is realistically priced. Without those issues it would easily be double.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast