MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

War Relics Forum 1000 Posts Helmet

Article about: by helmetone Is it too late to obtain the 1000 posts? I'm so close lol. I reckon we are gonna be ok, I mean it won't be right without our signatures

Default War Relics Forum 1000 Posts Helmet

Gentlemen, I have an ambitious plan, and I require your assistance

The boys over at GHW have given me the idea. A few years ago they sent a helmet shell around the world (it was travelling for 2.5 years!) and had members with 1000 posts or more sign it and ship it on to the next guy. It now looks awesome, and I think I would like to start a similar project (with the end goal of having this really cool item on my shelf signed by all the folks I've got to know here ).

Postage costs are to be paid by us all as we go, so I will work out a sensible route once I know who wants in to avoid the worst of the charges.

If you would like to be involved in this please comment below, I am currently sourcing and preparing an appropriate shell for the odyssey.

Lets make this happen! Here is the GHW 1k helmet for motivation.

War Relics Forum 1000 Posts HelmetWar Relics Forum 1000 Posts HelmetWar Relics Forum 1000 Posts HelmetWar Relics Forum 1000 Posts HelmetWar Relics Forum 1000 Posts HelmetWar Relics Forum 1000 Posts Helmet
    Last edited by KradSpam; 06-16-2012 at 03:31 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement War Relics Forum 1000 Posts Helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: War Relics Forum 1000 Posts Helmet

That is such a bizarre idea............I'm in!

?

Stick my name down, I'm game! And good luck!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

I am in, this was a fun thing to do. We currently have a 3000 post helmet and another 1000 post helmet traveling the world. (this one got retired).
    Cheers, look forward to seeing a WRF 1000 post helmet. BTW you need some ink pens in 4 or 5 colors as well to send with the helmet.

Haha, great idea! I'm in(If you ever decide to ship it to the Norwegian Winter Wonderland that is)

EDIT: I have a helmet shell I could sacrifice
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

If this idea works well we could maybe do another one, maybe all chip in $10, buy a cheap shell from somewhere, send it round the world over 18 months or so getting everyone to sign it and then auction it off or raffle it off with all profits going to the running of the forum. We could call it passing the hat around for WRF or something equally silly. Just a thought.

Another idea:
    We have a thread about the helmet where every member posts when they get the helmet, what they add to it and when they ship it off. In the end, the helmet could become a very nice logo for the forums.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

?

I should add a small caveat to my inclusion - I don't want to be the one who has to send it to Dave on the other side of the world!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    I should add a small caveat to my inclusion - I don't want to be the one who has to send it to Dave on the other side of the world!
    Ha ha, I hadn't thought of the postage to here! Don't trust us colonial bastards anyway, you'll be lucky to get the bloody thing back!

Ohh I am defiantly in to, should be at 1000 posts buy the time it starts its journey. I bags posting it to Sandgroper!

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast