Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Watch out people faking helmets on cl

Article about: WAHTCH OUT EVERYONE ON CL!!! ww2 german helmet restoreing services - \\$1 (whitmore lake) Date: 2010-07-27, 1:04AM EDT Reply to: see below im now restoreing ww2 german helmets here is the pric

Default Watch out people faking helmets on cl

WAHTCH OUT EVERYONE ON CL!!!

ww2 german helmet restoreing services - $1 (whitmore lake)
    Date: 2010-07-27, 1:04AM EDT
    Reply to: see below

im now restoreing ww2 german helmets here is the prices below and what is done to the helmet

complete helmet re-paint-$65+shipping
    complete helmet re-paint and new set of decals (costomers choic-army,SS,kreigsmarine,luftwaffe..-$75+shipping
    complete helmet re-bulild includes new high quality liner,new paint,decals and wire camo cover if you want the cover its $5 more -$165 ($170 with cover)

call 734-389-4617 for any questions or to order

Guy is in Michigan

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Watch out people faking helmets on cl
    P
    Many

Default Re: Watch out people faking helmets on cl

You can hardly class this as faking! This person is offering a service to people who want it. A fake is - and always will be a delliberate attempt to make up an item as genuine and sell it as such - when it is not.

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    You can hardly class this as faking! This person is offering a service to people who want it. A fake is - and always will be a delliberate attempt to make up an item as genuine and sell it as such - when it is not.
    True but someone will try to pass it off as an origional, we all know that, so in my eyes it is someone trying to fake them..

I had my m-40 restored, but I never tell anyone that I didn't & that it is original shape, now I wish I would have left it as it was.

?

I agree with Harry. This person is very clear of their intentions in the listing. While it is unethical to some on this forum to modify an authentic piece, pointing out this listing doesn't really help. The person paying for the service would be the one who could potentially try to pass off a "restored" lid as completely authentic and there is no way to identify who that is.

The only thing you can hope is that the person with this listing isn't very good at what they do, or adds something to the lid to avoid someone from being ripped off down the line. Then again, there's a sucker born every minute, so this might not do any good anyways. Unfortunately, I've been that sucker on at least one occasion! But I've learned from my mistakes.

Now, if you had pointed out a dealer who is trying to sell modified lids as authentic, then this would be a different story.

P.S. Let me add though, that I can see your intentions were good when putting this up on the forum and that you were truly trying to help others out.

Quote by yuengling325 View Post
    I agree with Harry. This person is very clear of their intentions in the listing. While it is unethical to some on this forum to modify an authentic piece, pointing out this listing doesn't really help. The person paying for the service would be the one who could potentially try to pass off a "restored" lid as completely authentic and there is no way to identify who that is.

The only thing you can hope is that the person with this listing isn't very good at what they do, or adds something to the lid to avoid someone from being ripped off down the line. Then again, there's a sucker born every minute, so this might not do any good anyways. Unfortunately, I've been that sucker on at least one occasion! But I've learned from my mistakes.

Now, if you had pointed out a dealer who is trying to sell modified lids as authentic, then this would be a different story.

P.S. Let me add though, that I can see your intentions were good when putting this up on the forum and that you were truly trying to help others out.
    I agree, I will never sell mine, because in a way I feel that I ruined it, so I will keep it till I die, then have it buried with me.

Quote by FJ5 chally View Post
    True but someone will try to pass it off as an origional, we all know that, so in my eyes it is someone trying to fake them..
    I understand your point. But you cannot accuse someone of faking (fraud) if their intentions are are merely to offer a service. The fraudster is the person who then tries to pass it off as genuine. If you took this argument to its logical conclusion you would have to stop the manufacture of clothing and field-gear for re-enactors. As surely some of this is passed off as genuine at a later date by unscrupulous people. Such things have always gone on. There is always a place for a finely crafted reproduction in ANY collection. As long as you are aware of what you are buying there shouldn't be a problem.