Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Is this Wehrmacht helmet legit?

Article about: I really would like to buy an authentic Wehrmacht helmet, however, I am EXTREMELY worried about wasting all of my money doing so. Could you guys evaluate the helmets on World War II German H

Default Is this Wehrmacht helmet legit?

I really would like to buy an authentic Wehrmacht helmet, however, I am EXTREMELY worried about wasting all of my money doing so. Could you guys evaluate the helmets on World War II German Helmets - Buy the BEST HERE! , specifically this one, as it is the one I want: World War II German Helmets - Buy the BEST HERE!

I know a little bit about fake helmets, and how they try to make them look real, etc., but I would much rather trust a whole group of people who have experience in this, rather than just personal knowledge I have attained. I would be very happy with your opinions, thank in advance.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this Wehrmacht helmet legit?
    P
    Many

jh92
    ?

Default Re: Is this Wehrmacht helmet legit?

They look ok to me, but be sure to listen to what everyone else thinks.

looks a nice honest one,wait for more opinions tho

Lol @ you guys don't want me to waste 1,800 dollars, what a nice forum

its thee best me personaly i like the overall look the glue around decal,liner,chinstrap etc but have been wrong many times before as i dont know much want to hear my freinds veiws as they know 100% whats good and bad

?

Looks perfectly fine to me, a nice example but a bit steep at $1800 even at today's inflated prices. I'm sure you'll get alot more responses. Good Luck

what do you believe to be a good price? I'm all for saving money, however, I simply could not find any cheap sites with nice helmets that weren't either total crap, or totally fake (i.e. non-decal helmets with decals applied, or repainted with fake aged leather and fake decals), or at least, that's what it looked like to my inexperienced eye. and I figure, if it looks bad to my eye, it MUST be total crap

Also, one thing that I enjoy with my m1 helmet is, in spite of it being 65 years old, that I can, however extremely rarely, wear it (without worrying about it falling apart, as the liner was in extremely good condition for its price), just for the feel of the helmet, as I really like being able to experience the smell of the helmet, the feel of it, the wobble as I run, but the thing about these German helmets is that they were made using leather, and that leather has had 65 years to deteriorate, so I'm kind of thinking that, unless in extremely good condition, I wouldn't be able to wear it at all. Hell, if it WERE in extremely good condition, I still wouldn't wear it for fear of somehow breaking or ruining it. I hope that this assumption is correct.

?

In my experience a decent single decal m40 Heer helmet can range anywhere from $800 to $1500 depending on the condition, the decal and whether or not it's complete. The example you are looking at is in excellent condition with an almost 100 % decal so if it's worth it to you then go for it. It's all a matter of being happy with your purchase. the bright side is you won't have to upgrade that model then you can concentrate on the next piece ! Just my opinion., wait for some of the experten to chime in. Cheers, Al.

Quote by Aldo View Post
    In my experience a decent single decal m40 Heer helmet can range anywhere from $800 to $1500 depending on the condition, the decal and whether or not it's complete. The example you are looking at is in excellent condition with an almost 100 % decal so if it's worth it to you then go for it. It's all a matter of being happy with your purchase. the bright side is you won't have to upgrade that model then you can concentrate on the next piece ! Just my opinion., wait for some of the experten to chime in. Cheers, Al.
    My question is, considering a Heer helmet costs that much, then how much would a decent SS helmet cost? I am surprised to see that some are listed for up to 10,000 dollars, even more, if in good quality with good decals, and I cannot imagine anyone wanting to spend 10,000 dollars on a helmet like that! Then again, there are some pretty hardcore collectors out there. I guess its not hard to imagine the pricing though, considering the helmets are 65 years old, more or less, and not too many people were in the SS in total compared to the Wehrmacht and Luftwaffe. Still, it makes me wonder why a German Army helmet in good condition would cost 1,800 dollars, whilst my m1 in excellent condition (according to you guys of course :P) cost 250 dollars.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast