Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Weird RLB French Helmet

Article about: Hi everyone, do you think this is a real RLB lid? Or just another curious joke! I've never seen such a weird WWII helmet before. Thanks. Kevin.

Default Weird RLB French Helmet

Hi everyone, do you think this is a real RLB lid? Or just another curious joke! I've never seen such a weird WWII helmet before.
    Thanks.
    Kevin.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Weird RLB French Helmet   Weird RLB French Helmet  

Weird RLB French Helmet   Weird RLB French Helmet  

Weird RLB French Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Weird RLB French Helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: Weird RLB French Helmet

Hi kevin, as the pitting extends under the decal this is not going to be any good.

But also this pattern of RLB decal was discontinued in 1938. The first French helmets could not really have been captured until May 1940..........

Cheers, Ade.

?

the helmet is very nice without decal .about the liner is strange is from this helmet?

Quote by ZERO View Post
    the helmet is very nice without decal .about the liner is strange is from this helmet?
    I was told the liner and decal were with this lid from WWII period but not 100% sure.

The seller offer $200 for this weird baby!Does it worth that much?

Save your money. It is junk.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi,

I think i agree with everyone else, an Adrian M26 with a dodgy nazi decal, with weird liner..... don't bother!

Gaz

For more info on the M26 and a photo of an original impressed Luftschutz helmet (Blue with correct decal) see here:

FRANCÉS 26

The liner is actually correct.

Cheers, Ade.

For this pattern RLB decal the graphics should be blue on silver, not black on silver. As already commented, the wear and tone to the decal does not match the well worn shell condition. Here's a real RLB offered as a comparator.
    Regards,
    Don
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Weird RLB French Helmet  

Dear Don, thanks so much for sharring this valuable information and the great authentic lid with me. This one is so pretty. Does it wroth more than $500? I really appreciate your kind help.

The pics below shows another commercial lid sold for $200.Do you think it worth that much or just another fake junk? thanks a lot.
    PS. It's said it belonged to Henschel which made Tiger tanks and some airplanes.

Best Regards, Kevin.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Weird RLB French Helmet   Weird RLB French Helmet  

Weird RLB French Helmet  

Hi Kevin
    You're very welcome. As advice offered by other collectors here, good to pass on it.

Regarding the Werkluftschutz helmet, I would employ extreme caution when approaching any WLS helmet today. I have collected civilian helmets for quite some time, and have seen several WLS helmets now available, unfortunately 99.99% are recent mock-ups. The on-line auctions are particularly hazardous. It's a quick turn over for $$, simply take a cheap no decal fire/police helmet, make up a decal and probably get double the original cost back in the sale. Be very careful.

Regards,
    Don

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast