Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

WH helmet - strange?

Article about: Hello, I just found this helmet and it looks a bit strange to me. Don´t you know what is the maker of this helmet? There´s mark D. 23 and I could not find what does this refer to... Is it ww

Default WH helmet - strange?

Hello,
    I just found this helmet and it looks a bit strange to me. Don´t you know what is the maker of this helmet? There´s mark D. 23 and I could not find what does this refer to...
    Is it ww2 genuine piece?

Thank you for your input!

Ziggy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WH helmet - strange?   WH helmet - strange?  

WH helmet - strange?   WH helmet - strange?  

WH helmet - strange?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WH helmet - strange?
    P
    Many

Default Re: WH helmet - strange?

Looks fine to me, look in the side of the skirt for a factory and size marking, ET64, SE66, etc.

Should be an NS made helmet , try to shoot bigger photos of the decal.

?

Looks promising, be great to see more photos.

Brad.

Might be a Reissue double decal Heer M35. It looks alright to me as well. I'm not sure what the D. 23 means, I've never seen anything like it before.

Quote by cgp1066 View Post
    Might be a Reissue double decal Heer M35. It looks alright to me as well. I'm not sure what the D. 23 means, I've never seen anything like it before.
    It's just the lot number with a letter prefix. I have a Quist with a DN prefix lot number. What they mean, I've not the faintest idea...

I think that's a good helmet. A well worn re issue possibly. Or just a well worn dd M35. Did you buy it or considering buying it?

Thanks for your comments. I am considering purchase and now I am pretty sure it is original ww2 piece.

?

D23 is a lot number used by NS. This is an NS manufactured M35. Check the interior of the right side of the skirt for the letters NS64 I bet, or 66.

Quote by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    Thanks for your comments. I am considering purchase and now I am pretty sure it is original ww2 piece.
    It is your money and you know the source but I would check the decal first to be on the safe side.