MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What am I & who made me?

Article about: Hi people, Firstly I'd like to thank you for allowing me to join your community & that I've had great pleasure in reading (what I can) the forums from time to time, it's has been a great

?

Exclamation What am I & who made me?

Hi people,
    Firstly I'd like to thank you for allowing me to join your community & that I've had great pleasure in reading (what I can) the forums from time to time, it's has been a great help to me in the past in my search for answers.

However I've become stumped on this £2 car boot helmet I picked up recently, I'm just about 100% certain it's post ww2. But it was cheap and cheerful, though I'm tight fisted and extremely choosie on the helmets I purchase. I don't normally buy crap I get told off enough to remind me and I prefer not to be told off

She rules the roost & I behave.

Anyway enough of my waffle & back to my question. This here lid has its original paint and traces of the same on the inside, what I can't figure out is the manufacture stamp, it's only the one square/diamond at the rear skirt and has another marking in the middle I can't work out.

If there's any of you that can point my sorry soul in the right direction I'd be most greatful.

Kind Regards G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What am I & who made me?   What am I & who made me?  

What am I & who made me?   What am I & who made me?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What am I & who made me?
    P
    Many

Late war M34 helmet german made for civilian usage.
    chris

?

You think late war? Why thanks, quite interesting. You ever see this manufacture marking before?
    I've searched high and low.

Kind regards G

Welcome to the forum.

This is certainly a German civil defence/police type helmet and it is of late manufacture due to the flared rim. This type was also made postwar and has been discussed on this forum before.

Police or fire helmet?

Doug

Here one from my collection,
    Doug the one from your link is a different helmet.
    chris
    What am I & who made me?What am I & who made me?

One of the several versions of M34 Lightweight Helmets used by Civic Authorities such as the Police...It's unfortunate that yours has been gutted...
    cheers, Glenn

?

Thanks

Kind regards G

?

Gutted yes

Repainted? Somebody went to a lot of trouble stripping the paint off on the inside. I had a sneaky feeling about the paint, just due to the colour. But I'll be honest, I was certain it was the genuine colour, that's just based on the inside, so much trouble to go to imo.

But thanks for the input, I appreciate it. Do you have any clue on the marking?

Kind regards G

- - ------- - -

Nice, I've seen these with DRK decals.

There is no info on this maker.just helmet is made of steel diamond symbol .
    chris

?

Well that *****, thank you though

Kind regards G

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast