Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What did I miss out on?

Article about: It's for sale here now; World War II German Helmets - Buy the BEST HERE! In Dave's pics the liner looks ok. These pics the whole thing looks awful. Pics can make or break a helmet. That said

Default What did I miss out on?

Hello all!

A customer at the recycling facility told my parents about this helmet. I only recently received the pictures. The gentleman said he was going to give it to me, but he decided to sell it to someone via craigslist instead.

I was hoping you guys could give me your thoughts on this lid. The liner looks a little too fresh, but then again it does exhibit a proper amount of wear. I don't know how I feel about the camo...?

Additional opinions would be greatly appreciated!

What did I miss out on?What did I miss out on?What did I miss out on?What did I miss out on?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What did I miss out on?
    P
    Many

Default Re: What did I miss out on?

Looks a bit to 'concocted' to me Joe - I wouldn't be too worried that it slipped through your fingers.
    The liner looks a bit too clean for the insides ( wear-wise ) and then the outside is a rough paint but the colour separations do not look worn enough.
    Can't comment on the dome stamp but never seen one where a splash of 'something' has removed part of it????

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Joe don't worry about the ones that get away, it is an exercise if futility. Doesn't look to be anything incredibly special, buy you may never know for sure.

Oddly, it does look somewhat familiar or I've seen a very similar one somewhere - perhaps on ebay, not sure though.

Weak move on that guy's part!

Hi Joe,

From the limited evidence shown in the photos, I actually think you may have missed out on a genuine 2-tone camouflage helmet. The photos aren't detailed enough but I think it stands a chance. I agree that there may be something going on with the liner..

Close ups of the paint are needed of course, but it looks like we will never know for sure.

Sorry to hear that he reneged

Josh

Quote by relicz View Post
    Joe don't worry about the ones that get away, it is an exercise if futility. Doesn't look to be anything incredibly special, buy you may never know for sure.

Oddly, it does look somewhat familiar or I've seen a very similar one somewhere - perhaps on ebay, not sure though.
    I heard the story through my parents, so very well could have sold it on e-bay!

- - Updated - -

Quote by Good Pwny View Post
    Weak move on that guy's part!
    It's no big deal, I'm over it. It was his helmet and he had every right to do whatever he wanted with it. He said he found it in an old guy's garage.

No way that liner came with that lid....look at the liner ring, how it's not tight and set. It's a put together.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Good to see you are over it. Those pics leave much to be desired as far as authenticating the paint. Onto the next big find!

?

Based solely on those photos, I'd not pursue it either.
    Are these pics the sellers?
    If they could not be bothered to send decent photos, then you probably shouldn't bother either, but that's just me.

Brad.

Could be a genuine cammo shell,i agree with the others about the liner being a replacement,looks to good for the lid.Can't say that i have ever seen a dome stamp over the top of rust either(ha ha!)All in all i don,t think you have missed out on too much!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast