Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What do I have here? Kriegsmarines Helmet??

Article about: Hello Gents I do not have many helmets in my collection but when I was contacted by a guy yesterday saying he had a German helmet I had to investigate. I drove to a town called Western in So

Default What do I have here? Kriegsmarines Helmet??

Hello Gents I do not have many helmets in my collection but when I was contacted by a guy yesterday saying he had a German helmet I had to investigate. I drove to a town called Western in Southeast Nebraska to his house on a hope and a prayer that it was a good one. The seller said he got the helmet from his dad who kept it in the shed behind their house for years. He said his dad was friends with a vet ( Sgt Milo J Kumpost) that sent it to him during the war and then was KIA in France. Anyway I know the story sounds good but I was wondering if the helmet is legit? It looks okay to me but again I dont have much to compare it to and I am not sure, but when looking on the forum that maybe it is a Kriegsmarines helmet. Any comments would be much appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What do I have here? Kriegsmarines Helmet??   What do I have here? Kriegsmarines Helmet??  

What do I have here? Kriegsmarines Helmet??   What do I have here? Kriegsmarines Helmet??  

What do I have here? Kriegsmarines Helmet??   What do I have here? Kriegsmarines Helmet??  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What do I have here? Kriegsmarines Helmet??
    P
    Many

A KM it isn't. Maybe a toned Heer but that decal just doesn't look right. I will let others chime in.

Default Decal

The decal is old an cracked but I think it is a good one. Here is a photo in better lighting.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What do I have here? Kriegsmarines Helmet??  

There appears to be gold flecks in the decal, although this could be the lighting. I'm willing to go against the odds and say this is a KM helmet.

I like it. Outside photos would be best. The glare is killing the detail...especially the color...in the decal, making it tough to say for sure either way.

?

Daylight photo of the decal would help.

Thanks guys...it is 8:45 pm here right now but I will take one tomorrow at lunch time and post it. If I hold it up to a bright light I can see almost a shiny metallic gold color.

It is a good decal. My bet is a Heers. Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Oh, forgot to say good looking helmet. Look to be a m40, the chinstrap from the photos looks good would like to see close up of the chinstrap to confirm. Marty
    Last edited by Tank Destroyer; 02-20-2014 at 05:25 AM.
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Default Chin Strap

Thank you, here are a few close ups of the chin strap...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What do I have here? Kriegsmarines Helmet??   What do I have here? Kriegsmarines Helmet??  

What do I have here? Kriegsmarines Helmet??  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast