Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

What to do with this M34?

Article about: Hi everyone, I've had this M34 shell in my collection for a while now, and just now getting around to it. I acquired it quite cheap because the Polizei decal is a poorly applied sticker. I c

Default What to do with this M34?

Hi everyone,

I've had this M34 shell in my collection for a while now, and just now getting around to it. I acquired it quite cheap because the Polizei decal is a poorly applied sticker. I can, however, see the outline of another possible decal underneath it(tried to show in the pics). What would be the best way to go about removing it? I'm wondering if with a steady hand and a fine blade I can peel or chip it off? I've included pictures of the rest of the helmet just to double-check. The party decal looked passable to me, but I'm not 100%.

Thanks for the help,
    John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What to do with this M34?   What to do with this M34?  

What to do with this M34?   What to do with this M34?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What to do with this M34?
    P
    Many

?

If it is a "sticker" and not a laquer or water slide decal, heat and a slow steady hand would peal it from the surface without damaging anything else.

Jim

Thanks, Jim! Sticker was probably a poor choice of words, since it is cracking and flaking off.

?

I would not touch it, better to have it like it is.

It is your helmet but I have to agree with TrondK I would leave it alone the state it is in is fine IMO. At most Civil liners can be had for not a lot of money. timothy