Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

What do you guys think?

Article about: I would like to have a pristine helmet to go on display in my collection. I don't know whether I should buy a reproduction, or buy an authentic helmet and restore. What would be cheapest? Do

Default What do you guys think?

I would like to have a pristine helmet to go on display in my collection. I don't know whether I should buy a reproduction, or buy an authentic helmet and restore. What would be cheapest? Do any of you know of any good reproductions that don't cost a fortune?

Thanks everyone

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What do you guys think?
    P
    Many

Default Re: What do you guys think?

well the cheapest is a repro but i think most everyone here will save save up and buy a original (however the chances are you will get a good one)but it won't in brilliant condition just in good

tom

?

Personally, for what you wish to achieve, i.e. a good display item, I'd suggest that you buy a relatively cheap original helmet shell and add a reproduction liner and chinstrap. This will save you a lot of money as an original chinstrap alone can be quite expensive.

Regards,

Carl

if you want a good repro that doesn't cost much try soldier of fortune of epic militaria

tom

If you want a pristine original helmet and if it does not have to be a combat helmet look for a nice double decal M34 Police or a beaded luftschutz/combat police helmet. These have the general lines of the iconic "German helmet" for a fraction of the price of a minty combat helmet. You can also get a very nice single decal luftwaffe helmet for between $500 and $1000. I would stay away from repro's or repainted shells. As time goes on you will probably regret putting $ into the repro. Jim G.