Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

What do you think about this SS Helmet?

Article about: What do you guys think about this SS helmet? Hopefully the photos are good enough to make a determination. Please, if you say its fake can you also say WHY your making that determination so

?

Default What do you think about this SS Helmet?

What do you guys think about this SS helmet? Hopefully the photos are good enough to make a determination. Please, if you say its fake can you also say WHY your making that determination so we can all become more educated in what to look for?

Thanks!!
    Dzyner

What do you think about this SS Helmet?What do you think about this SS Helmet?What do you think about this SS Helmet?What do you think about this SS Helmet?What do you think about this SS Helmet?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What do you think about this SS Helmet?
    P
    Many

Default Re: What do you think about this SS Helmet?

Nope. The decals are bad, scratched and artificially aged, and it looks as if they were applied over pitting. The liner looks bad as well, the draw string definitely is, and the paint looks off - it has been applied over rust. There is nothing that I like about this one at all. The shell is real, but nothing else. I would stay away from the red cross helmet in the back ground as well. Just my 2 cents. Jim G.

Hi Darren, Jim has covered all the points on this one, nothing really left to say. Other than bad.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thanks guys. I wondered about the scratches on the decal as well. If there is nothing else I've learned about fake decals, I have learned to look for isolated scratching/chipping over the decals in an attempt to cover imperfections in repro decals, and to simulate aging. I still like to check with you guys regardless...just to be safe

?

Got to agree with all that has been said a really horrible fake helmet .
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by dzyner View Post
    Thanks guys. I wondered about the scratches on the decal as well. If there is nothing else I've learned about fake decals, I have learned to look for isolated scratching/chipping over the decals in an attempt to cover imperfections in repro decals, and to simulate aging. I still like to check with you guys regardless...just to be safe
    The liner should have told you all you need to know , and the paint , and the decals well they are not important anymore if the rest is also bad.

This one looks like a Norwegian rework. Very bad fake...

?

Paint, liner, decals are all bad. Some self study of the subject matter is required as well, nothing beats an education. ;-)

Wasn't this helmet posted recently by someone else?

?

Its been everywhere, all the forums.