Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What do you think about these 3 helmets?

Article about: I would like your opinions or info on these 3 helmets. Are they period, altered, reproduction? Thanks in advance.

Default What do you think about these 3 helmets?

I would like your opinions or info on these 3 helmets. Are they period, altered, reproduction?

Thanks in advance.

What do you think about these 3 helmets?What do you think about these 3 helmets?What do you think about these 3 helmets?What do you think about these 3 helmets?What do you think about these 3 helmets?What do you think about these 3 helmets?What do you think about these 3 helmets?What do you think about these 3 helmets?What do you think about these 3 helmets?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What do you think about these 3 helmets?
    P
    Many

?

I'm not a helmet expert, but these don't look good to me at all. The decals on the M40 are definitely fake, and it looks like the rest of it might be bad as well. The Luftschutz one also looks very bad to me. I can't speak for the first one.

Some of the more experienced members will step in and tell you with more certainty (and very probably correct me), I'm sure.

The M40 is certainly bad, avoid that one. Good shell but not much else. The LS is OK I think but has maybe had some paint removed, or not had the best storage. The first M35 is a bit of an enigma. The colour is reminiscent of Kriegsmarine repaints but the light grey paint inside the dome suggests post war use to me. Perhaps Danish? I'd want a closer look on that one. Breadbag strap is added later.

M-40 repaint original shell old fake decals not often seen agree avoid. LS is ok and good complete helmet. M-35 is probably post war repaint used by some other country after war kind of agree fits Danish rework color. timothy

Thanks for the replies.
    Last edited by GnarlyRelics; 01-10-2014 at 04:04 AM.

?

I'd avoid all 3, the 2 are fake/messed with, the LS you can find way better condition very easily. LS are cheap helmets.

Hello , I agree with all that's been said , if you really want the Luftschutz helmet it genuine but better ones can be found. As for the other two , I would leave them well alone for the reasons already given. Leon.

i'm pretty new to all this but i would'nt touch any of them and even the LS i dont like the way the wear is at all and the pins don't match the wear patern

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast