Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

what do you think M40?

Article about: Hi ! would like to know what you think of it ? at least if it's a original shell ,probably not the real paint i am putting a description of it Original M40 German helmet from WW2 with the st

Default what do you think M40?

Hi ! would like to know what you think of it ? at least if it's a original shell ,probably not the real paint i am putting a description of it

Original M40 German helmet from WW2 with the stamped in markings of ET64 and at the rear of the inside the numbers 1117. The helmet comes with a leather liner and chinstrap which I cannot see any particular markings on except for a number 57 stamped into the leather.

The color of the paint is a sandy beige which makes me think it may have typically been used in a more arid region such Africa, Greece or the Balkans.

Thank for your patience and for your help with me trying to start my little own collection
    Attached Images Attached Images what do you think  M40?  what do you think  M40?  what do you think  M40?  what do you think  M40?  what do you think  M40?  what do you think  M40?  what do you think  M40?  what do you think  M40? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement what do you think  M40?
    P
    Many

Default Re: what do you think M40?

Hi Frenchy, this one is bad. As you correctly guess the paint is modern. The liner and chinstrap are also not original. Not one which you would want in your collection.

Cheers, Ade.

i wasn't sure if something on that helmet was original ,i think i will get out of Ebay and try to find what i would love to have somewhere else one day i will be lucky
    Thanks Mister Ade

sorry about the lid, but hey, something else always turns up

My family are in Hamilton say hi for me