Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

what do you think of this now.

Article about: I'm sorry, but I don't agree with the "somewhat"....personally, I think you've taken a fairly scarce German Naval helmet and basically destroyed it. It's a shame that you didn't as

Default Re: what do you think of this now.

Are you sure that it wasn't some sort of lacquer applied to the helmet during the war to protect it against the elements that come with being at sea or on the coast?

Thanks

Danny

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement what do you think of this now.
    P
    Many

no there was brush hair ,and runs on it so i took the action i wanted to remove it .im sorry people are saying ive ruined it but in the light the original paint is there .so im happy.

Well if you are happy I guess that is what it comes down to in the end.

Thanks

Danny

I personally wouldn't have touched it.. but as long as your happy.. just make sure you get some advice on the forum next time, before you do something like this.
    Regards,
    Finn

Hi,
    Well im sorry to disagree lads but the varnish looked horrible even the earliest helmets wasnt that shinny.
    My thoughts are that now the helmet is back to it,s salty look the better it is, IE in matt colour as it should be,
    but thats my oppinion. As a collector of helmets + weapons ect i would have probably done something to remove the crap on it.
    dave.

?

Looks OK.

Looks good to me too. Maybe some pics without flash and taken in natural light will do better.

Regards

I've gotta say I think it looks better, and it looks like only the varnish is gone and nothing that was under it in the first pics. Try taking some better photos outside with no flash and much high resolution and I think you might get better responses.

The varnish gave it a nice patina and in my opinion, you have somewhat ruined the helmet.

But, to each his own.

Quote by Ingrid Patrouille View Post
    Looks good to me too. Maybe some pics without flash and taken in natural light will do better.

Regards
    Yeah natural light is 100 x better!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast