Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

what is this helmet

Article about: by DougB Yup, SS helmet section. Post your new blackie Samir! ;-) You have my vote! Congrads Doug! As soon as I put some photos together and receive the certificate from Kelly Hicks I will D

Default what is this helmet

i know its size 64 ,just bought it online from an auction house yesterday not been delivered yet is it a marine or army.what is this helmetwhat is this helmetwhat is this helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement what is this helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: what is this helmet

To me It looks like a Kriegsmarine helmet. The eagle seems to be deep golden, not a lighter shade of gold as in toned Heer.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

?

I think a much closer photo full on without glare would help determine the type of decal

?

It would appear that the exterior of the helmet may have been laquered which could change the appearance of the decal giving it a deeper golden hue .

Regards Mark K

When you get it, please post a close up of the decal as well as the factory/size stamp and lot number.

Does the liner appear to have two size stamps on two separate fingers, or is the one on the bottom just a smudge or sweat stain? Hard to tell.

This is just a pet peeve of mine, but why do auction houses insist on putting stickers on helmets? They wouldn't put a sticker on an antique gun, so why put one on an antique helmet. (that's my mini rant for the day)

?

Quote by helmetone View Post
    This is just a pet peeve of mine, but why do auction houses insist on putting stickers on helmets? They wouldn't put a sticker on an antique gun, so why put one on an antique helmet. (that's my mini rant for the day)
    I won a 100 year old badge that arrived the other day and the seller had taped the badge to cardboard backing for shipping. Naturally the tape peeled off 100 years of patina and left a sticky gooey mess......

Can the helmet owner please post a decal closeup.

[QUOTE=DougB;428933]I won a 100 year old badge that arrived the other day and the seller had taped the badge to cardboard backing for shipping. Naturally the tape peeled off 100 years of patina and left a sticky gooey mess......

Doug,
    Are you going to take that up with the auction house? I know items are usually sold "as is" with no returns, but I'd have an issue with buying an item in its condition, and receiving it packed in a way that alters or diminishes that condition. If you do contact them, I'd love to know what they say.

?

I was going to return it but it was a good price on a hard to find badge. I kept it and will remember next time to remind them not to tape the face of badges!!!!

hi if its been laquered is there away of removing it or is it best to leave alone.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast