Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

What kind of helmet is this?

Article about: According to Ken Niewiarowicz, and other authors who have studied the history of the German steel helmet, when batches of helmets were found to have production defects, or failed ballistic i

Default Re: What kind of helmet is this?

According to Ken Niewiarowicz, and other authors who have studied the history of the German steel helmet, when batches of helmets were found to have production defects, or failed ballistic integrity quality control inspections, rather than being melting down the rejects were put in a jig and the bead was crimped into the shell to make it obvious that these were unfit for combat use. The rejects were then surplussed for use in non combat areas, Luftschutz, Luftschutz Police, factory guards, etc. I have examples in L/S blue, green, gray, Political Leader cinnamon color, tan, and black, with a variety of decal, double decal and triple decal applications. This one lacks a chin strap, and has a post war applied liner. Complete no decal examples in their original War time configuration are available for not much more than $100. If I were you I would thank the seller for his amusing, but false, motor cycle bed time story, pass on this post war reissue, and wait for a better one. Jim G.
    Last edited by helmet2id; 03-24-2012 at 02:30 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12