Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

What kind of helmet is this?

Article about: I have never seen a helmet quite like this. I am sure some of you members have several of them in your basement. What kind is it - the one on the right?

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Default What kind of helmet is this?

I have never seen a helmet quite like this. I am sure some of you members have several of them in your basement. What kind is it - the one on the right?
    Attached Images Attached Images What kind of helmet is this? 

2. # ADS

?

Default Re: What kind of helmet is this?

From your photo, it appears to be a German Cutout Helmet WWI M1918( also called a Cavalry or Telephone Operator Helmet), which was made at the end of WW1; I believe that just over two thousand were made. This look like a transitional helmet which was reconditioned For WW2. I would love to find one which I could afford (there are many repos. out there), I have seen a few at the MAX show in Pa, but they were always out of my price range.

?

A lot of them was sold after the WW1 to Afganistan, Finnland and Lithuania. I have seen examples from this countries. And owned myself one battlefield found just in the forest of the Dagö (Hiumaa - Estonia) islandm that was in very nice condition and double decal. Unfortunately 10 y.ago.
    Most of them was redone by the army and left vent horn was changed to the similar ( before that, the original M 18 has a bit rounded left horn than a right one)
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Said to have been produced in order to improve hearing of the wearer. Only made by one maker in one size

Cheers, Ade.

?

ET 64 and special font too. Also the dome markings can not be vary
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Thanks for the info. I am surprised Ade doesn't have a couple.

Hi Bob, I wish I did

Cheers, Ade.

In the second war, they were popular with both cavalry and signals personnel.

Bob Hritz
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What kind of helmet is this?