Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

What to make of this??? Stalag Luft III guard - Luftwaffe M42

Article about: Some of you may have already seen this... Obviously I have no intention of trying to acquire this item. I just thought it was an interesting topic for discussion. Not much in the way of phot

Unfortunately and eventually, this thread will be deleted. Why? Because posting just a simple link to an eBay auction only will not save the images of the item in question for posterity and future reference. The link will expire after a few months, thus rendering the thread useless.

Please you guys, if you want to discuss an eBay item, post the images and the description. Think about it...
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What to make of this???   Stalag Luft III guard - Luftwaffe M42
    P
    Many

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    NO worries

I am glad someone understood my reply was meant to be lighthearted and not an insult to humanity.

- - ------- - -

I am sure he could get the helmet Q Tip Certified. Then it would for sure be real.
    Did you know about the tunnel measurement? I didn't I thought they just run out of time its a pity we don't have info on the personal there, some collectors love that research.

At least we have a helmet id name?
    What to make of this???   Stalag Luft III guard - Luftwaffe M42What to make of this???   Stalag Luft III guard - Luftwaffe M42What to make of this???   Stalag Luft III guard - Luftwaffe M42What to make of this???   Stalag Luft III guard - Luftwaffe M42What to make of this???   Stalag Luft III guard - Luftwaffe M42What to make of this???   Stalag Luft III guard - Luftwaffe M42What to make of this???   Stalag Luft III guard - Luftwaffe M42What to make of this???   Stalag Luft III guard - Luftwaffe M42What to make of this???   Stalag Luft III guard - Luftwaffe M42What to make of this???   Stalag Luft III guard - Luftwaffe M42What to make of this???   Stalag Luft III guard - Luftwaffe M42What to make of this???   Stalag Luft III guard - Luftwaffe M42

Quote by RichieC View Post
    Unfortunately and eventuality, this thread will be deleted. Why? Because posting just a simple link to an eBay auction only will not save the images of the item in question for posterity and future reference. The link will expire after a few months, thus rendering the thread useless.

Please you guys, if you want to discuss an eBay item, post the images and the description. Think about it...
    Yeah sorry. I meant to do it but I was having a hard time using the forum on my tablet. Back on a 'real' computer now. All future post of this kind wlil be complete with photos... Thanks for putting the photos up Hoss!

?

I actually take Battlefield Tours to Stalag Luft III and i am visiting the museum again in a couple of weeks time for a meeting with the guys who run it , i'll have a chat with them and see what their opinion is on this Helmet and the story that goes with it !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3