Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

What’s up with the paint on this CKL m42?

Article about: I bought this m42 and some other stuff a while ago. The helmet is for sure not a keeper. It is just a helmet I had real cheap and would try to earn a couple of bucks on. So there was no plan

?

Default What’s up with the paint on this CKL m42?

I bought this m42 and some other stuff a while ago. The helmet is for sure not a keeper. It is just a helmet I had real cheap and would try to earn a couple of bucks on. So there was no plan about sharing it with any of you guys but I was just wondering about two things.

One of them is the paint. This doesn’t look like original German paint to me but it sure looks like it has been on the helmet for a long time. Also that odd brown finish you can see all around the helmet. Some of you might ask if it isn’t just rust but when you have it in hands it is clear that it’s not. I thought about the helmet might being a Danish or Norwegian reissue. Anyone with a better theory? If you can’t read the stamps in the back of the helmet it is CKL 64 3132.

The second thing I want to bring up is that as you can see some nutcase have written SS on the left side and in the back of the helmet. Notice how it also has a small swastika in the front. I didn’t even notice it when I bought it because it was almost invisible. When I finally noticed it I tried to scrub it of but that just made it a lot worse so now it is easy to see it But no need to freak out guys Like I said before I got the helmet almost free of charge and just wanted to let it move on to someone who could find it at any use. My question about these SS marks is simple; Do you think they could make it difficult to put it for sale on ebay? I know ebay are pretty strict about the different Nazi markings.

Cheers
    Alex
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What’s up with the paint on this CKL m42?   What’s up with the paint on this CKL m42?  

What’s up with the paint on this CKL m42?   What’s up with the paint on this CKL m42?  

What’s up with the paint on this CKL m42?   What’s up with the paint on this CKL m42?  

What’s up with the paint on this CKL m42?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What’s up with the paint on this CKL m42?
    P
    Many

Default Re: What’s up with the paint on this CKL m42?

This one looks to me like a Yugoslav army rework. I don't think you should have any trouble listing it on eBay. The paint is a bit rough, but the helmet still has a nice shape. This would be a great restorations piece.

Regards,

Corey

?

Okay that sounds interesting. I have never seen a Yugoslav reword before. Did the Yugoslavs use a lot of the German helmets like for example the Norwegians did? If anyone else has an opinion about the helmet please let me know :-)

I'm not familiar with Yugo reissued German lids, but I do have an Mg42 ammo box they reissued that is a similar shade, I'll try and add some pics at some point, off to bed now.

Here is a Yugaslav painted helmet taken from another thread, notice the similarities in shading.

Regards,

Corey
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What’s up with the paint on this CKL m42?  

?

Do you mean similarities about the paint? I think it is a little difficult to compare them because we don’t have a picture of the whole helmet you found.

Cheers Alex

I am only referring to the paint.

Regards, Corey

?

I am having trouble making out the colour of the paint, in some of the shots it appears green, in others I can see LW blue (inside of dome).
    Could just be a poorly applied factory paint, as it is a rear stamped ckl (mid to late war) IMHO.
    I don't think you would have a problem listing it on ebay, the markings are fairly faint (at least from a distance).

Brad.