Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

What say ye? Winter M40

Article about: Three Shite pictures and his price is waaayy to high for just a shell (IMHO) but I thought I would see what you gents thought… Cheers, Morgan

?

Default What say ye? Winter M40

Three Shite pictures and his price is waaayy to high for just a shell (IMHO) but I thought I would see what you gents thought…
    What say ye? Winter M40What say ye? Winter M40What say ye? Winter M40

Cheers,

Morgan

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What say ye? Winter M40
    P
    Many

almost looks black under that white. also the texture looks like stucco for ceilings from home depot.
    could it be czech reissue spiced up with stucco mix ?

wait for experts !

Hi, not a good one for me, just look at the "wear" to the crown. That is intentional "scrubbing/sanding" in that area made to age it's appearance, as you can clearly see there are many even length and depth lines. Leon.

?

How do you want to sell ( and buy ) items at high price with blurry and horribles pictures ?

99,9% of all white helmets are post war. Most of the time the Germans would use something that could be removed come spring.
    Cloth , chalk , whitewash. Paint was also used but would be overpainted in spring. So the amount of surviving painted winter camo's is very very low.
    That's the reason that after 20 years of collecting I still don't own a winter camo. I came across a couple with removed whitewash or chalk.

?

Haha pretty much as I expected...the guy "got it from a vet" which is always convincing without some real provenance. As with most "great white buffaloes" this one is a fairy tale. Always worth checking with you guys though!