Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What was your first german helmet?

Article about: Mine was a doulble decal M35 that my dad got from a mate of his in portabello market, it was in pretty good condition except there was no liner,eaten away by mice,, and I cannot remember wha

Default What was your first german helmet?

What was your first german stahlhelm? Mine was a single decal wehrmacht m35 ns64 helmet. Which has made me get addicted to german helmets. I have a couple other nice ones, but I have to say this one means the most to me
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What was your first german helmet?   What was your first german helmet?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What was your first german helmet?
    P
    Many

?

Got this as a gift 35 years ago, Canadian WW1 vet Bringback, from Peronne France, reissued camo triple named and with a "wound stripe" across the front brow, apparently Austrian used. I still have it. Would be the last ever helmet I sell.

I have posted better pics here and elsewhere here of this, these are just my resident iPad pics.

Attachment 580400

Attachment 580401

Attachment 580402

As much as i love the good condition helmets , i really like the battle damaged " been there in the thick of it" so i kept my eye open for a really shrapnel/bullet riddled one. Found this one i just had to have. Bought it from Estonia...

New Addition to my ww2 collection by Marc Russo (Australia), on Flickr

First one was in the mid 70's - a Norwegian M42. I stripped it
    and painted it black. Still have a pic somewhere of
    my buddy wearing it.

Within the last 10 years comes this Q62 M40 relic
    from southwestern Serbia.........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What was your first german helmet?  
    Regards,

Steve.

Picked mine up a few weekends ago
    What was your first german helmet?
    m35 sd

Heer M35.

A former double decal, repainted with rough paint. The tricolour national colours decal is still there.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What was your first german helmet?  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

What was your first german helmet?What was your first german helmet?What was your first german helmet?What was your first german helmet? Here's mine. Old pics from about 2 years ago.

My first was a relic M42 painted with white base paint. That was about 5 years ago, it started everything.

?

I was given my first and only German helmet when I was a kid, about 35 years ago. As you can see, its a single decal Luftwaffe helmet (ET64/1164). If I recall correctly, the man who gave it to me picked up out of a bunker whilst stationed in Germany with the RAF, during his National Service; it's his name inside. I think I remember him just nipping into his garage and coming out with it in his hand!

Apologies for the poor photographs - its dark here and neither camera or photographer are up to scratch.

Philip
    What was your first german helmet?What was your first german helmet?

Posted this before but this may reach new eyes. M16 with matching gas mask purchased for fifty US dollars in 1976. This one has the original all leather liner/band. Chin strap is repro - the original dissolved! NH

What was your first german helmet?What was your first german helmet?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast