Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

What is your Holy Grail of helmets?

Article about: Inspired by the recent thread of the photo with Himmler and Dietrich wearing their parade helmets in the SS helmet section by AZPhil, it begs the question: What is your Holy Grail of Helmets

Hmm, not being too greedy, but a nice early FJ M38 d/d would make me feel that my ship had come in.....

Bob
    (not sure who belongs to this beauty, but I break into sweats when I look at the photos)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What is your Holy Grail of helmets?   What is your Holy Grail of helmets?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What is your Holy Grail of helmets?
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

A nice clean DD SS with camo cover please !

I'd like a nice single decal Normandy camo ss with half basket chicken wire!

SD SS helmet worn by a family member in Demjansk, unfortunately lured from my grandfather by a collector years ago.

An original Schalburg Corps helmet will also do

?

A double decal SS helmet in good to great condition, preferably in light black/gray.

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    Doug, I hope you don't mind my using of a few of your images. There was a beautifully named example to a high ranking SS Officer Kelly Hicks posted here awhile back which I'd add, but I can't seem to find it.
    Attachment 677888Attachment 677889Attachment 677891
    love the winter camo

?

Well since I can't use Hitler's Haube. It would be these.
    What is your Holy Grail of helmets?What is your Holy Grail of helmets?

Semper Fi
    Phil

A nice original M40 medic helmet would be very cool!

Doug, not German, but that 502nd helmet would be nice. If I found one with the name "Hiett" on it would litterally give my dominate arm.

Anything from Doug's collection LOL.

My Holy Grail Helmet would probably have to be an M35 DAK double decal Early Bird Luftwaffe camo with the decals painted around, with that nice pinkish hue that we all love to see. Named and with a feldpost number and with rock solid providence from the vet from North Africa, like a bring back paper (I really like those) or inscription on the leather or outside of the helmet (or both!).
    Of course, there are many more on my helmet list but I've been in the mood for a DAK helmet for a while.

I've really enjoyed reading other's Holy Grail Helmets and I look forward to reading some more! Great idea for a thread, Doug!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast