Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

What is your Holy Grail of helmets?

Article about: Inspired by the recent thread of the photo with Himmler and Dietrich wearing their parade helmets in the SS helmet section by AZPhil, it begs the question: What is your Holy Grail of Helmets

?

Default What is your Holy Grail of helmets?

Inspired by the recent thread of the photo with Himmler and Dietrich wearing their parade helmets in the SS helmet section by AZPhil, it begs the question: What is your Holy Grail of Helmets, the helmet that if you owned it, you could die a happy man?

I find it a fun topic of conversation with collectors to see what everyone's Grail is. It could be the one helmet your missing from a collection to complete a "set", a helmet you have seen posted or in person that you covet, a helmet that is just near impossible to find, or even a very common helmet but one with just that specific "look" that melts you from the inside out.

But it has to "exist"! No fantasy helmets like a double decal SS M38 Fallschirmjager or Hitlers WW1 helmet. ;-)

Post away!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What is your Holy Grail of helmets?
    P
    Many

A tan Heer M35 and a tan M38!

An ex winter camo M42 double runic SS helmet, if one ever were to become available.

?

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    An ex winter camo M42 double runic SS helmet, if one ever were to become available.
    Why did I think that would be your reply Jim LOL. Well dreams do come true!

I'm very easily pleased, a single decal Luftwaffe in pretty good condition would be nice!...

Like gunny any helmet would please me, but if I had to choose a holy grail it would probably have to be a KM "Normandy" camo helmet like the one (or two!) Doug has. A close second would be a grey DD M35 SS.

As I dont collect TR Helmets,but you never know,a nice M40 single decal Heer snow camo would tick enough boxes for me.............

Doug, I hope you don't mind my using of a few of your images. There was a beautifully named example to a high ranking SS Officer Kelly Hicks posted here awhile back which I'd add, but I can't seem to find it.
    What is your Holy Grail of helmets?What is your Holy Grail of helmets?What is your Holy Grail of helmets?

King Richards helm.

Quote by DTVPKING View Post
    A tan Heer M35 and a tan M38!
    It does leave a nice warm and fuzzy feeling....

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What is your Holy Grail of helmets?  

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast