Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What are your thoughts on this luftwaffe helmet....

Article about: Everything appears ok to me except for the decal.

?

Default What are your thoughts on this luftwaffe helmet....

Everything appears ok to me except for the decal.What are your thoughts on this luftwaffe helmet....What are your thoughts on this luftwaffe helmet....What are your thoughts on this luftwaffe helmet....What are your thoughts on this luftwaffe helmet....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What are your thoughts on this luftwaffe helmet....
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

I'm no decal expert so not sure if this is a known fake variant and has a nickname but I would call it the "Funky Wing" fake...

The inside of the lid looks ok from the pictures but the photos are really low rez so very grainy when I expanded it.

Also, can't tell about the exterior paint. From these low rez pictures and the flash, I really can't tell what color it is.

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I would call it the broken wing variant, as it looks like that bird had a rough landing.

What in the wide world of sports is that!!!!!!!!!! lol

?

Possibly a very mis-applied decal on a M40 Quist helmet. It would be interesting to see a close up.
    Regards,
    John

MAP
    ?

Quote by relicz View Post
    Possibly a very mis-applied decal on a M40 Quist helmet. It would be interesting to see a close up.
    john,

I defer to your greater knowledge. This is what I thought at first but when I zoomed in on the picture it did not appear to be smudged, bent, cracked or ripped. Admittedly the pictures were quite blurry so I could have made a mistake.

Agree a nice clear close up would be nice to put to rest.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by relicz View Post
    Hi, the helmet itself looks fine as you say, the decal is a tougher call as when I zoom in the detail is not great and I cannot as yet see a "crease/bend" in the decal from application. If the decal has not been poorly applied then it is a definite stinker, but better images are really needed. Leon.

?

Here is a better picture of the decal. I thought it could have been misapplied as well. However all the lines are perfect so I highly doubt it. The shell color is field gray. I did take some pictures of it outside today and I'll add them to the post.

?

Default Here is a better photo of the shell color

This one is field gray and the paint, liner, strap, etc. are all correct. The decal keeps throwing me off.

Hi, from your new image of the decal I would say that it is a fake. The wing is much to bent and as you say, it is not mis-applied, just way to curved! Also the areas of detail that are the biggest give away of a fake decal are the feather details to the Adlers shoulder area, and surprise surprise, they have been damaged/removed. Leon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast