Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Where to?

Article about: I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong area, but I just want to know where everyone picks up there German helmets? From what i read eBay is not the best place to get helmets due to s

Default Where to?

I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong area, but I just want to know where everyone picks up there German helmets? From what i read eBay is not the best place to get helmets due to scammers/fakers. I understand if you have a secret supplier or something, but is there a general area that is relatively safe to buy helmets from, besides this forum and GHW? I am just trying to be on the look out for another helmet!

Thanks everyone,

Haydn

EDIT: I hope this isnt a really stupid question!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Where to?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Where to?

Recommended dealers and both here and ghw.

There are a lot of good online dealers, this is how I acquire mine. I recommend HELMETS OF WAR, this website has the best balance of price and selection, nowhere on the internet will you find high quality helmets with such low prices. I recently purchased a helmet from the owner, Jesse. He is a really nice guy. The website is only been up for around 12 or so months.

Here are some more good dealers:
    The Ruptured Duck - German WWII Memorabilia / Militaria
    World War II German Helmets - Buy the BEST HERE!
    Helmetssale
    Time Traveler - Quality Authentic Historical Militaria
    The Collector's Guild
    River Valley Militaria - WWII Military Antiques, Helmets [Home ]

Regards,

Corey

Thank you Corey, you are the man!

Haydn

?

Others are;
    Dave Shirlin ww2germanhelmets.com
    Ken n Germanhelmetsinc
    Ken B germanwarhelmets
    Kelly H SSsteel

But networking is the best with other collectors in my opinion
    Last edited by DougB; 06-07-2012 at 08:21 PM.

Ebay is good for relics, however, the prices have gotten insane IMO the past year or so. $50 shipping for a rusty lid with holes in it? I was getting similar ones 1.5 years ago for $30 including shipping. As mentioned above, The Ruptured Duck and others are tops. I also would add Stewarts Military Antiques - militaria, collectables, photography and books, as they occasionally have good deals for beginners and are really friendly.

yes, check dealers with a good rep and a return policy in case you have doubts about authenticy.
    You do pay top dollar with dealers, but you also get garanty. Same goes for WW2 exhibitions, you can find the real deal there, but also frauds so watch out

Sometimes you can get lucky for cheap at biddingsites, but be carefull. Also try flee-markets
    you might get lucky

?

Some dealers guarantee isn't worth the paper its printed on. And all dealers make mistakes. Some dealers use a lifetime guarantee to lure buyers into a false sense of security. Buy the item not the guarantee.

Stay away from anything SS or camo when starting out, keep it simple and learn as you go.