Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Where do people find all of these nice, cheap helmets?

Article about: I would really like to know how you guys manage to find websites which sell helmets that are somewhat cheap and nice i mean, I've searched around to within several pages of google's results

Default Where do people find all of these nice, cheap helmets?

I would really like to know how you guys manage to find websites which sell helmets that are somewhat cheap and nice

i mean, I've searched around to within several pages of google's results and all I find are websites full of both fakes and incredibly overpriced helmets that are being sold for much more than they are worth.

Often, I come across single decal luftwaffe helmets with really bad conditioned liner or none at all, sometimes even battle damaged, selling in excess of 1000-1200 dollars. Even worse, I find helmets with very similar characteristics for the same price, with the added bonus that they are fake or restored.

I was very shocked after having come from another website, essinally selling this for a thousand dollars, then coming here and finding it for 450. I dearly wish I had the money at the moment to buy that

So, anyway, I ask, how do I find such helmets? I wouldn't even mind overpricing either, as long as it is not insane.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Where do people find all of these nice, cheap helmets?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Where do people find all of these nice, cheap helmets?

I would imagine a lot of the people who participate on this forum live in Europe and therefore have better access to artifacts of the second world war than others who live in North America. It all depends like for example you can buy a fairly nice Luftwaffe helmet for around 450 euros in Europe but if you live where i do in North America than instantly that 450 euros when converted to my dollars about doubles. So for them its only 450, but for me its 900.
    But then again many members of this forum are very committed and some even experts on the subject and take the time and research that can only be found through years of experience to acquire the pieces that they wish to own for a reasonable price.
    But also I also believe sometimes you can just get lucky, which is easier for Europeans who for example find a nice lid in someones attic or garage and purchase it for a price much cheaper than a dealer.

Patience is above all key, Never rush into anything and weigh every option. I have found things I would not normally be able to afford or even locate by trying. But actually have accidentally come across and acquired for little to nothing

WOW, if these sites all ship to America I am thrilled beyond words

Quote by Awesome View Post
    WOW, if these sites all ship to America I am thrilled beyond words
    They are all in the US.

Wehrmacht39, I have looked through those sites and I think it is safe to say that you are my hero

normally I would be worried that someone would snag the helmet I want, but there is no "the helmet I want" on those websites... I want all of them

thank you so much

Wehrmacht39, I have looked through those sites and I think it is safe to say that you are my hero

normally I would be worried that someone would snag the helmet I want, but there is no "the helmet I want" on those websites... I want all of them

thank you so much
    Try Summer vacation militaria Good guy.Slow with E-mail but good prices and he try to work with people.He sell his helmet for good prices and they go fast.He had two I wanted the next day they were gone.

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    Try Summer vacation militaria Good guy.Slow with E-mail but good prices and he try to work with people.He sell his helmet for good prices and they go fast.He had two I wanted the next day they were gone.
    Yes that was actually my favorite one. The guy is generous selling everything for so little, I hope he makes lots of profit off of them nevertheless

EDIT:

In fact, I just looked back at the website and 2 cool helmets I was looking at are now sold, the go fast
    Last edited by Awesome; 07-28-2010 at 06:31 AM.

thank you so much
    You are very welcome my friend

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast