Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Who is buying German helmet on Ebay

Article about: I was just looking at the helmets on Ebay and saw alot of junk and people were buying them 600\\$ for a rusty shell with fake chicken wire really.There was so many fakes and junk.who has the m

Default Re: Who is buying German helmet on Ebay

I still troll ebay from time to time, and will pick up a piece here and there. In the past, I bought more from the site, but found that I was returning as many (or more!) as I was keeping, and have since reduced my patronage. You really have to know what you are bidding on, or you WILL GET HURT. Just my 2 cents for what they are worth (which, if you listen to my wife, is not much at all - just kidding - please don't tell her I said that, she is great, and indulges my addiction to this hobby more than I could ever have expected!). Cheers, Jim G.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Who is buying German helmet on Ebay
    P
    Many

Ebay isnt all that bad, overall it depends what you are looking to buy. For helmets its pretty much no good, theres fakes all over the site and all the relic lids are overpriced in my opinion. However many masks that were in my collection came of ebay, I even sold one of them for 30 times for what I paid for it, even at that price it was half its actual value (sold it to a friend and collegue so I gave him 50% off) also I didnt pay £1 for it it was into double figures, so the return was very good

I think the moral is to know exactly what you are doing and not seeing ebay as the only place to get decent things, theres good stuff amongst the rubbish

Thanks

Danny

I never bought a helmet on E-bay because of all the junk they got there,but I have bought alot of ww2 US gear I also sell stuff on E-bay to make money to buy more ww2 items.

ww2fotos
    ?

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    Ebay isnt all that bad, overall it depends what you are looking to buy. For helmets its pretty much no good, theres fakes all over the site and all the relic lids are overpriced in my opinion. However many masks that were in my collection came of ebay, I even sold one of them for 30 times for what I paid for it, even at that price it was half its actual value (sold it to a friend and collegue so I gave him 50% off) also I didnt pay £1 for it it was into double figures, so the return was very good

I think the moral is to know exactly what you are doing and not seeing ebay as the only place to get decent things, theres good stuff amongst the rubbish

Thanks

Danny
    Thats EXACTLY what I was talking about! You paid less than 1 GBP for a gas mask! I'll bet the seller was less than pleased, since he actually lost money (on ebay fees, alone) selling it to you. If you sell something cheap ebay's selling fees, FVF, & paypal fees are always more than you got. I wonder what kind of fees those SOB's will come up with next? Maybe a facist fee if you sell Nazi stuff!

I paid almost nothing for some of them, but the one I was reffering to I sold for 30 times more than what it cost me, the original price was over £10 but I'm not saying anymore

Thanks

Danny

I have found some really great deals on E-bay from time to time
    - a couple of German helmet shells too - but like what has been
    said already, you have to know your subject and it's value !

Some of my best buys were items that were mis-identified
    or the photos were very poor.
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    My comment was reserved for German helmets alone. I find that time can be better spent elsewhere and in study so you can pick up that interesting helmet with confidence.

However a collector friend who does troll ebay found a nice named helmet which I did buy, a nice reissue lightly camoed helmet with my last name in it!
    I didn't know you were a WWII vet!?!?

?

I love a good rummage on ebay : ) i sold this helmet not too long back to a friend who then sold it on again in a deal , i saw it on ebay and won it back last night at a hell of a lot less than i sold it for
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Who is buying German helmet on Ebay  

ww2 freak
    ?

i love ww2 german stuff

Quote by sscrooge View Post
    I love a good rummage on ebay : ) i sold this helmet not too long back to a friend who then sold it on again in a deal , i saw it on ebay and won it back last night at a hell of a lot less than i sold it for
    I have seen this helmet before,was it sold in the USA?
    I can not remenber where.
    But I like it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast