Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Who is buying German helmet on Ebay

Article about: I was just looking at the helmets on Ebay and saw alot of junk and people were buying them 600\\$ for a rusty shell with fake chicken wire really.There was so many fakes and junk.who has the m

Default Who is buying German helmet on Ebay

I was just looking at the helmets on Ebay and saw alot of junk and people were buying them 600$ for a rusty shell with fake chicken wire really.There was so many fakes and junk.who has the money to buy junk and not research what you buy.What do you do if a collector invite you to see his collection and all his helmet are junk do you tell him or do you say you like his helmets.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Who is buying German helmet on Ebay
    P
    Many

Default Re: Who is buying German helmet on Ebay

good question, i have seen so many super rare helmets on ebay and i have seen so many bad fakes on ebay and on the internet as well not only helmets, here are some funny fakes i saved the pictures of and i hope you dont mind if i post them here but i guess the guys who buying fire police helmets surroundet with chicken wire buy this things as well and you have to decide if you like them or tell them
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Who is buying German helmet on Ebay   Who is buying German helmet on Ebay  

Who is buying German helmet on Ebay  
    Attached Images Attached Images Who is buying German helmet on Ebay  Who is buying German helmet on Ebay 

Really a fire police helmet with chicken wire and someone bought it for big $

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    I was just looking at the helmets on Ebay and saw alot of junk and people were buying them 600$ for a rusty shell with fake chicken wire really.There was so many fakes and junk.who has the money to buy junk and not research what you buy.What do you do if a collector invite you to see his collection and all his helmet are junk do you tell him or do you say you like his helmets.
    I see thise all the time, not only with helmets or militaria in general, but with all kind of things.
    Art is feaked as well, and it doesn't just happen on eBay, you can see it at auction houses, markets and fairs .
    I know auction houses known for theyre fake who are in business for over 20 years, fakers as well.
    Salvator Dali's feaked etches are still going by honderds.
    Bronze statues, african primitive art, chinees pottery ... you name it!
    Even mummies are faked thise days.
    Just found out, aldo I suspected it for a long time that even Belgian comoun medals are faked.
    And what if I told you that the 19th and 18 th century's presses, I showed in a different treath are faked.
    Boxes for Dinky Toys are faked since long, even some of the Dink'y's get faked.
    And the worst part of the story is that everthing gets sold.
    What can you tell somebody with fake items....if they are trying to sell it to me I will tell them, if not I leave it as it is.
    I remenber a guy who had thise scrimshaw whale tooth baught by his father years ago at a castle auction, even when I showed him that a heated needle penetrated and melted the plastic fake whale thoot he was still convienced his father bought an original....
    The ss ring I showed recently here....man , that story was so good I couldn't believe it was a fake...I got it from a guy I knew for years, who got it from his wife who used to work in a former hotel, here in the village. The owner of the hotel was known to have been a Flemisch SS voulonteer, and gave hise ring to here when they retired.....even the barber of the village confirmed thise story and look what I 've got.
    Don't know if you noticed the faked pickelhaube being sold on eBay, by dozen's every week again.
    cheeers
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by stuka f View Post
    I see thise all the time, not only with helmets or militaria in general, but with all kind of things.
    Art is feaked as well, and it doesn't just happen on eBay, you can see it at auction houses, markets and fairs .
    I know auction houses known for theyre fake who are in business for over 20 years, fakers as well.
    Salvator Dali's feaked etches are still going by honderds.
    Bronze statues, african primitive art, chinees pottery ... you name it!
    Even mummies are faked thise days.
    Just found out, aldo I suspected it for a long time that even Belgian comoun medals are faked.
    And what if I told you that the 19th and 18 th century's presses, I showed in a different treath are faked.
    Boxes for Dinky Toys are faked since long, even some of the Dink'y's get faked.
    And the worst part of the story is that everthing gets sold.
    What can you tell somebody with fake items....if they are trying to sell it to me I will tell them, if not I leave it as it is.
    I remenber a guy who had thise scrimshaw whale tooth baught by his father years ago at a castle auction, even when I showed him that a heated needle penetrated and melted the plastic fake whale thoot he was still convienced his father bought an original....
    The ss ring I showed recently here....man , that story was so good I couldn't believe it was a fake...I got it from a guy I knew for years, who got it from his wife who used to work in a former hotel, here in the village. The owner of the hotel was known to have been a Flemisch SS voulonteer, and gave hise ring to here when they retired.....even the barber of the village confirmed thise story and look what I 've got.
    Don't know if you noticed the faked pickelhaube being sold on eBay, by dozen's every week again.
    cheeers
    |<
    Yes I have seen alot of the fake pickelhaube on E-bay.
    I see what you are saying.it is just hard to belive someone would buy a item that just scream fake.
    You would think if someone is going to spend large amount of dollars for a helmet you would make sure it is real.

?

Honestly I find ebay a complete waste of time.

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    Honestly I find ebay a complete waste of time.
    I hear alot of people say that and I too once thought that. But it is all in what you are looking for specifically. I have gotten some killer combat bayos off there for peanuts. Photos are a great thing to buy there too if you know some of the good sellers. But like Stuka said....as long as there is BIG money involved, there is always going to be a fraudulent seller and market for them. Just so happens Ebay is a great place for them to run there scheme without dealing with some1 face to face. I agree with cricketchris too, that some of the stuff people buy is just flat out ridiculous and just shows that some people arent willing to do the research on a purchase even when decent money is involved. These sellers that are sellin nothing but fake/fantasy items as originals and they still have 100% feedback scores! haha its amazing. But you can also get some decent buys if you know what ur lookin for and looking at IMO. Its almost good that they dont allow swastikas, because the amount of Fake badges/awards and all would just completely flood the market even more than it already is

i not fond of ebay you need to put a decent reserve on anything of value you are selling this puts people of bidding because the majority want a last minute something for nothing bargain athough some people do get lucky it just depends if the right person is in the right place at the right time i think your better of doing your dealings on good forums like this thanks james

?

My comment was reserved for German helmets alone. I find that time can be better spent elsewhere and in study so you can pick up that interesting helmet with confidence.

However a collector friend who does troll ebay found a nice named helmet which I did buy, a nice reissue lightly camoed helmet with my last name in it!

ww2fotos
    ?

Quote by col james View Post
    i not fond of ebay you need to put a decent reserve on anything of value you are selling this puts people of bidding because the majority want a last minute something for nothing bargain athough some people do get lucky it just depends if the right person is in the right place at the right time i think your better of doing your dealings on good forums like this thanks james
    I sell on ebay regularly. I can tell you from vast experience if you put something good up you better either start it high, or put a reserve on it. (that is very expensive) I sold a nice bayonet for peanuits, and I was really pissed! Consequently, I ALWAYS start stuff high. Of course you lose a lot of potential bidders and buyers doing this. I used to notify ebay if I saw something that was an obvious repro, or fake. Their 100% lack of response (YES 100%!) made me quit doing it. They seem to have relaxed their Draconian anti-nazi views a little bit. Now you can get away with selling SS items. Even Hitler, although they will cancel Hitler if somebody blows you in. My best advice to buyers on ebay is don't do it unless you KNOW it is good. Sometimes is seems like about 80 % of stuff being sold is fake! Maybe the percentage is not that high...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast