Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Winter cammo helmet - real? What is it worth?

Article about: by anton67 Isnt the old adage "buy the helmet, not the story?" That could be a bunch of BS. That is like the old, "found it in an old barn" story. I am on the fence. It h

Default Winter cammo helmet - real? What is it worth?

Hello all, I was looking at this winter cammo helmet. I am interested in getting one and I have not found too many out there. This one certainly has some issues. My questions are:
    1. Real or fake?
    2. How much would you pay for it in US?
    3. Would you buy it due to the damage?
    Thanks for any input in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Winter cammo helmet - real? What is it worth?   Winter cammo helmet - real? What is it worth?  

Winter cammo helmet - real? What is it worth?   Winter cammo helmet - real? What is it worth?  

Winter cammo helmet - real? What is it worth?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Winter cammo helmet - real? What is it worth?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Winter cammo helmet - real? What is it worth?

The paint looks very old but it does seem like someone went digging for a decal which would kill it for me. So I would pass. Judging by the color it looks like a Luftwaffe lid.

I have seen this lid before somewhere...... I am off to do some searching first!

This is the one Karl Kithier is selling. I was considering buying this helmet at one point but I couldn't afford it. I am concerned because I don't think these are the pictures he has of the helmet. If someone else is selling you this, and sent you different pictures, then he or she is trying to rip you off. Is this from svmilitaria?

?

Well even though it appears original it has been messed with in so much as someone has scraped the paint off in various places, which has spoilt the overall look, especially trhe front

?

Just checked, it is the same one SVMILITARIA, is selling for $775,with explanations as to paint damage, whether its worth that amount in that condition is a matter for the buyers judgement, if this helmet is being sold by someone else or the pictures are from the same site, i would be wary re price and legitimacy, it would be interesting to find out the facts on this one

I don't think this is worth $775.

You guys are correct, it is SV Militaria.
    I wanted to know if it was worth his asking price.
    I am looking for a nice winter cammo helmet and they are not easy to find.
    He does have explainations as to the scrapings.

If I had the money, I would pay that much for it. It's a really nice "starter" camo. Yes, it has been messed with, but it is a very honest, original snow camo. Plus. one can make a few assumptions about where it came from considering that a U.S. Third Army decal was removed from it. (This helmet possibly came from the Battle of the Bulge.)

Isnt the old adage "buy the helmet, not the story?" That could be a bunch of BS.
    That is like the old, "found it in an old barn" story.
    I am on the fence. It has been up there for a while and it is a nice helmet other than the damage.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast