Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Winter camo?

Article about: I bought one of those painted-over helmets and decided to see what's underneath. The first layer was an orange/brown. When I removed that layer, I came across black paint. Then removed that

?

Hoss/Eric/Unterstand,

Your statement the other day....

"The official orders concerning the red-brown, dark green and white camouflage paints indicates very clearly that they are temporary, water-based paints. "

Your statement today....

Ok, maybe you more knowledgeable helmet collectors could explain to me why a soldier or company of would overpaint a finish that is easily removed to return to a finish it already has? I don't get it.

Just a small example of the complete bullshIt you spew on a near daily basis around here. You exist to do one thing, stir the pot and create controversy where none exists.

Its a complete joke and anyone who has read your garbage you've posted in the past year at GHW2 and WAF knows you talk out of your arse. The collectors here however are getting a taste of it.

When I said it was getting ridiculous around here, you sir, are the prime reason.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Waiting game

Pablo, the waiting game begins. We look forward to your work. Marty
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote by DougB View Post
    @ Pablo, based on your new pics the helmet was whitewashed postwar as just a shell. You can see the white is inside the split pin holes and all around the outside of the split pin holes with no sign of split pins wearing the white down. Also if a liner were put back in, there would be some sign of a liner on the whitewash.

@AZPhil it's a water based whitewash all all whitewash typically is. I had an SS white camo that was painted white, also posted here, now in the hands of another collector in Belgium.

Agreed, that's a shame, it looked promising. Jim G.

?

Doug
    Please leave me alone and comment on members asking opinions on posted helmets, your mistaken if you think I have an agenda I am only trying to help and offer a comment.

I thought the membership may enjoy a conversation I had with a 91yr old veteran who was there, my apologies Gents.

Eric

?

Quote by Hoss View Post
    Doug
    Please leave me alone and comment on members asking opinions on posted helmets, your mistaken if you think I have an agenda I am only trying to help and offer a comment.

I thought the membership may enjoy a conversation I had with a 91yr old veteran who was there, my apologies Gents.

Eric
    Eric I just read what you write, even though 90% of it is incomprehensible. Yes you'd like people to leave you alone, free for you to make your inane statements and spout your secret "facts" without anyone holding you to account.

You bait and switch, and then shrug your shoulders and say "what, what am I doing wrong?"
    It's your typical troll posting pattern that turns every fkg thread into an unreadable mess that creates controversy where none exist. You pretend knowledge on something you clearly know jack about. I think you just want to hear yourself talk. To wit, today's gem;

"Ok, maybe you more knowledgeable helmet collectors could explain to me why a soldier or company of would overpaint a finish that is easily removed to return to a finish it already has? I don't get it."

"Maybe you more knowledgable helmet collectors" is just more of your condescending claptrap when you pretend to be the most knowledgable of them all. You play the expert but slap real collectors down with your soft pedaled posts and then don't back them up. Collectors who actually own helmets and not just bad pictures of helmets.

More very recent gems from you, and I paraphrase:

"I paint test all my helmets"
    "I can't afford to buy helmets"
    "I only own 3 or 4 helmets"
    "Doug you should know how to paint test its common knowledge"
    "Real German camo Paint comes off with q-tips and water"
    "All brick red, tan and green German camo must be water based or its model paint"
    "The DAK only used 5 colors"
    Those are just the ones that come to mind.

Eric it's endless. Until you can actually have a meaningful discussion and make some sense like I said earlier all your offering is endless counterproductive opinions on items you've never owned and inane rambling posts on God knows what.

This isn't supposed to be a place where you can just open your yap and let whatever comes to mind barf out and then drive away, leaving everyone in your dust after you've dropped another gem on us.

So if you say something, like say, an "opinion" then be prepared to be held to account, like everyone else is. Maybe you should actually, you know, contribute something of substance, pray tell, something of your collection than always leave us with the "Hoss Tip of the Day".

?

Doug
    I believe the old axiom that proves true at this point in time is

"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull$hit."

Reading Mr. Hoss's posts leaves me with that "What the phuq ?" feeling.

?

Doug
    Sorry I didn't say 'Doug you should know...' if fact none of the above are accurate quotes, thanks for that and I don't have any secrets.

Eric

?

Quote by Hoss View Post
    Doug
    Sorry I didn't say 'Doug you should know...' if fact none of the above are accurate quotes, thanks for that and I don't have any secrets.

Eric
    Reading comprehension, also not another strong point of yours, further making any conversation a complete waste of time:

"More very recent gems from you, and I paraphrase:"

From the Oxford Dictionary, in English:

paraphrase

Syllabification: par·a·phrase
    Pronunciation: /ˈperəˌfrāz /
    Definition of paraphrase in English:
    VERB

Express the meaning of (the writer or speaker or something written or spoken) using different words, especially to achieve greater clarity:
    you can either quote or paraphrase literary texts.

I will go back to collecting real helmets now, and you can go back to your collection of bad pictures of helmets. Perhaps there is a "Bad Pictures of helmets" Forum you can join.
    I prefer to be amongst collectors who collect the real article and actually know what they are talking about.

Good day sir

Doug

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123