Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Winter camo helmet - authentic

Article about: Hello, I have always wanted a winter camo helmet. I found this one and I would like to know if it looked authentic to you all. All opinions would be greatly appreciated. Annoyed from this ad

Default Winter camo helmet - authentic

Hello,
    I have always wanted a winter camo helmet.
    I found this one and I would like to know if it looked authentic to you all.
    All opinions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Winter camo helmet - authentic   Winter camo helmet - authentic  

Winter camo helmet - authentic   Winter camo helmet - authentic  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Winter camo helmet - authentic
    P
    Many

IMO this does look like a good original one, ground dug from good preserving soil or clay conditions. Where is it from?

Hi, well I have seen worse efforts but the biggest concern for me is that the rust spots look relatively recent. Old rust generally blackens down. Leon.

I see what you mean Leon but my reasoning was that rust was probably not generated in the ground, but since it was pulled up. The conditions would have had to be very low in oxygen for it to survive as it has so rust wouldn't really develop normally. I could be wrong though but it strikes me as honest.

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    I see what you mean Leon but my reasoning was that rust was probably not generated in the ground, but since it was pulled up. The conditions would have had to be very low in oxygen for it to survive as it has so rust wouldn't really develop normally. I could be wrong though but it strikes me as honest.
    Hi Kradspam, I guess that the rust could have formed after removal from the ground, I would have kept it in a bucket of water until I could have gotten some sealant on it! Like I said, I have seen a lot worse, and this one does show a good consistent level of wear, I especially like he area where the soldat's fingers have worn the peak's paint away. If the rust is just the result of a poor recovery method I too would be happy with the rest of the helmet as standing a great chance of being good. Leon.

Thank you guys for your input.
    I would also welcome any other opinions.
    I know this is not an exact science.
    I was also concerned about the rust spots.
    The seller is from Slovenia and seems to sell a lot of WWII German items.

hmm intersting rust....Maybe she does not excavated,but found wet Shed?

yes
    Quote by KradSpam View Post

?

Hi Anton,

This helmet just doesn't push all the right buttons from the photos. It doesn't scream one look wonder, which is what you want out of a winter camo. Perhaps in hand it is different, as can be the case with 99% of the winter helmets. From these photos however if I was offered the helmet I would pass,but thats just me. Is there evidence of micro sanding, when you look at the paint under a loupe?

Good luck
    Doug

Hi DougB,
    What you see is all I have which are photos of the helmet.
    I have to make the call based on the pics.
    I have seen a winter camo from a reputable dealer that looked like this one.
    The difference however is that it did not have the rust spotting on the paint.
    I dont know if you realize it but when you click on the photos I posted they will get bigger for you if that helps.
    I realize I have a couple of opinions but in this case I think the more the merrier so all are welcome.
    Thank you to everyone so far.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast